$395 for small chip repair in tub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Michelle B

Reaction score
Does this sound reasonable? Miracle Method wants 395 to repair a small 1 inch long chip due to an item being dropped in a Kohler Archer tub? Somehow I was imagining more like 200-250...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes an outfit that can repair a tub or an enclosure is a big life saver. I have used chip repair companies over the years, much better than pulling the tubs and showers. I can't comment on pricing though.

One of their videos showing what they do.

Michelle B

Reaction score
Fortunately every other company I called was way less than that. As a matter of fact most were UNDER what I expected. Yes a company is welcome to try to rip people off I guess. I don’t think it’s wrong to avoid being taken for a ride by the unscrupulous though lol.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
It totally depends on your area and the quality of the work. We've had 2 tubs repaired this year. One looks brand new and took the guy a couple hours. The other looks like some kindergartner got hold of an angle grinder and was left unsupervised for 8 hrs. The good job cost money.. the bad job was free.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks