2 Houses, 2 Pressure Tanks, 1 pump, 1 controller, 1 pressure switch pro help needed!

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by betaman, May 2, 2008.

1. Minordetails

Minordetails New Member

If that’s the case, I’m thinking I’ll just go with a bigger tank in house number 1, and not put a tank in the new house. Water will run back and forth in the line between tank and T, but it sounds like that isn’t a problem.

2. Bannerman

Bannerman Well-Known Member

Instead of a larger tank, install a CSV to increase the system performance to both homes, and extend the lifespan of the pump. A larger pressure tank will only reduce cycling whereas a CSV will eliminate cycling even when using a 4.5 gallon pressure tank.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Minordetails and valveman like this.
  3. Minordetails

Minordetails New Member

Thanks, and the best place to install the CSV in my system is? Between T and pump?

4. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    First thing out of the well and before the first tee to the other house.

wellstuff2arrow.jpg