2 - 1/2" pipe connections

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
So this hasn't come up for me in several years.. 15 or so.. But in a current project we cut and need to connect to a 2.5" galvanized steel vent that goes up into the finished floor above. Does anyone know of a legal UPC approved method for making this connection? Last time I did it I used the "ask forgiveness" technique of my inspector as I showed him the Victaulic tee and Roust-A-Bout clamping fittings used.. I got a properly sloped tee and in 2.5"... But still no UPC stamp. Fortunately my inspector chose to "not see" the connection and its good and buried. But I've got to pass it off again and would rather have a fitting that I don't have to worry about. Currently we have a Fernco unshielded sewer coupling... but as many times as we see them and they do the job... they don't have that approval..

anyone got the answer?

victaulic-fitting.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think I found another solution since the Mission style band is a factory order. Dresser couplings or Compression couplings are readily available in 2.5" (Seattle at least) and I can get PVC in pressure pipe to make a transition to 2" or 3" depending. Going to the site to see what the next step if any will be.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks