~1965 American Standard Wall Hung Help

Users who are viewing this thread

TJanak

Reaction score
I have two American Standard wall hung toilets which I believe are original to the 1965 house due to one being green in color and the other pink. I need some help on these because one is cracked at the waste flange from improper installation so I need to move the other toilet to replace the broken one while I remodel a bathroom. I've read up on install procedure and diagrams/specs for the Glenwall (I need to order one now) and would like similar info for these toilets so I know how to properly mount them to the carrier when I move the toilet. Especially the dimension from backing nut surface to waste pipe/horn surface. The info off of the bowl back is: P65 F3100 98 Jul 16 Made in USA. The tank has: "Standard" F-4049 Tank Made in USA 451L 63.

I would also like to know if the Glenwall would mount to my existing carrier. I will measure to confirm this when I get a chance.

Thanks

cadet_wh_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TJanak

Reaction score
I bought a Zurn Neo Seal ring today and it pretty much explains what the proper depth is for compression of the seal. Looks pretty self explanatory anyways so it shouldn't be a problem when it comes time to move.

The previous owner of the house apparently didn't know how to mount a wall hung because they replaced the drywall with a piece of plywood and clamped the toilet to the plywood with no backing nuts. No wonder the porcelain waste horn on the toilet is cracked to pieces and was leaking.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

The backing nuts on THREE bolts are set even with the wall surface and then the large metal washers are placed over them. The bowl is set in place and the acorn nuts are tightened onto those THREE bolts to clamp the toilet solidly to the wall. THEN the forth acorn nut, usually the upper right one is placed on the fourth bolt and turned until it just TOUCHES the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks