10" Rough In Options

Users who are viewing this thread

moytoy12

Reaction score
I have searched the other threads for options on a 10" rough in toilet and take away that a Toto using a unifit adapter is probably the best option.

Unfortunately, I don't have the budget to spend $300-500 on a toilet for the basement.

I have approximately 10" inches for the rough in from the baseboard. Does anyone have an opinion on the Toto CST704.10? I have read that there is a splash issue. How is the flushing efficacy? I can pick one up for under $200 and that would work well with my budget.

Any other preferred options for this less than preferred situation?

unifit_choice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Rough in is measured from the wall. Not the baseboard.

If you have 10" from the baseboard, then you may have 10-7/8" from the wall, in which case, the 12" rough Drake would work.

If you have less then that, then the 10" is the way to go.
Which you can get by using the CST703.10 bowl,
or by going with a Cadet 3 bowl with slim 10" tank.

Or now Toto has 10" Toto Drake toilets.
They only need 9-1/4" to install.

CST744EF.10 or CST744SF.10

Comfort height, elongated bowl with either the 1.28 gallon Watersense Eco Flush
or the 1.6 gallon G-Max flush.
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst744ef.10.pdf

Last edited:

moytoy12

Reaction score
Rough in is measured from the wall. Not the baseboard.

If you have 10" from the baseboard, then you may have 10-7/8" from the wall, in which case, the 12" rough Drake would work.

If you have less then that, then the 10" is the way to go.
Which you can get by using the CST703.10 bowl,
or by going with a Cadet 3 bowl with slim 10" tank.

Thanks Terry. I really appreciate the response. I was probably being a little generous with my space, I'll remeasure to make sure the Drake won't work (we have one upstairs and would love to have that in the basement).

Is there a difference between the CST703.10 bowl and the CST704.10? Also, my apologies for the noobie question, when you say "bowl" are you implying that there would be a tank that I should go get to fit or is that shorthand for the bowl and tank?

Between the Cadet 3 and the CST703.10/704.10, which do you prefer? I'm guessing it's the Toto...?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
C703.10-01 is Regular rim
C704.10-01 is Elongated rim and is 2" longer (more comfortable for men).

moytoy12

Reaction score
C703.10-01 is Regular rim
C704.10-01 is Elongated rim and is 2" longer (more comfortable for men).

Thanks Peanut. Appreciate the input.

I've confirmed I have 10 3/16" from the wall, so the Drake appears to be a no-go.

moytoy12

Reaction score
Would it be detrimental to set the bolts up a little further in the flange to get the distance I need for the Drake? We're probably talking about 3/4".

robo_geek

Reaction score
In my basement toilet, I thought I needed a 10" rough in

The old Gerber was literally jammed up against the wall...the tank cover would not go on correctly.

When I looked at the published measurements of the Drake I assumed that it was maybe a 50% chance that it would fit.

The new standard-rough-in Toto Drake went in without an issue...while the base is very close to the base moulding, the tank is at least 1.25" inches away from the wall.

robo_geek

Reaction score
Would it be detrimental to set the bolts up a little further in the flange to get the distance I need for the Drake? We're probably talking about 3/4".

if you're close, you can try an offset flange adapter.

offset_level_fit_flng.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thepartsguy

In the Trades
Reaction score
American Standard makes a 3" flapper 2-1/8 glazed trapway (same as the Drake) aswell in a 10" rough

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks