Search results

1. Mini Me

What fitting is this? What is its name ?

I think it is dripping water at the top side of the elbow Zoom in picture after rotating the elbow to the left in the above picture It is the part shown here where the video starts playing of you click on this link If I understand correctly the elbow can be replaced by removing the two...
  2. Mini Me

Smart Toilet bi-stable solenoid valve acting strange -what could be the reason and the fix?

I have a smart toilet (Ove Stan) that is built using this valve Here is the valve manufacturer page but I can't say exactly which one of those is my valve. http://www.chinazhanying.com/en/products.php?cid=3... It is acting strange as described below I called the toilet manufacturer and they...
  3. Mini Me

B-Hyve irrigation controller -connecting one more Orbit valve to the pump terminals to act as a main valve-does this work?

I have a B-Hyve Orbit controller and a manifold with three valves I want to add an Orbit valve, like the ones installed on the manifold, but this will be just downstream the tap, acting as a main valve, as in the picture below The plan is to connect that valve to the pump terminals on the...
  4. Mini Me

Is it possible to buy a handle for this hose splitter?

As you can see one handle is gone
  5. Mini Me

Above ground outdoor water feed permanently on. Heavy duty garden hose or copper pipe?

This feeds an in ground irrigation system. The irrigation system is in groud, all 3/4" SCHEDULE 40 white PVC. I am using a 1" Orbit manifold. The manifold is installed at the corner of the house. Around the corner, adjacent to the wall with the water spigot, I have a patio. There is a stretch of...
  6. Mini Me

How do I insert an irrigation inline valve below the valve that is controlling the hose ?

This is a follow up or a continuation of this thread Here is what I have And I nee d to insert an 1" female to female Orbit in line sprinkler valve between the green handle valve and the hose It is 1" because this is what I got , the delta cost for going to 3/4" does not make the things...
  7. Mini Me

Gilmor Oscillating sprinkler vs Garden Aquazoom Oscillating Sprinkler -the first one shows very poor performance -why?

Hi guys I have this old Gardena Aquazoom https://www.amazon.ca/Aquazoom-3900-Square-Oscillating-Sprinkler-Adjustable/dp/B002VED42O Today I bought two of these (returning them tomorrow) https://www.rona.ca/en/product/oscillating-sprinkler-with-base-aqua-grey-20245026 Using the same supply...
  8. Mini Me

Need to replace a quarter turn ball valve with a full port ball valve to get full pressure outside the house for irrigations

Not sure if this a purely irrigation systems question, I think this is more like a plumbing question I have the below system and I was told around there that that valve that valve that I have there is limiting the pressure and I should replace it with with a full port valve. I am planning to do...
  9. Mini Me

Can I switch the two ends of this hose?

Here is what they look like in reality, this is the metal assembly where the two hoses (cold water and hot water) get connected to the control valve. The two hoses are connected to the water supply lines at the other end (see the diagrams below the pictures). Because of the geometry of the whole...
  10. Mini Me

Buying glass panels for a shower frameless fixed panel setup: what specs should I be looking for the glass?

To eliminate doubts and a subjective question comments I would say that these are regular panels (say 36"x78") and the glass has to be clear finish. I am being told that not all the glass is the same but when I ask for specs they are telling me "it is American regular clear 10mm think tempered...
  11. Mini Me

Is this the correct plumbing for a vanity drain?

Here is what I have. I know that I need a transition between the 1 1/4" OD grey plastic pipe and the 1 /12" ID ABS pipe (see the third picture) One of these : The rough in for the drain is just a 90 elbow installed horizontally (female female) like below -see the new sink plumbing; the...
  12. Mini Me

How do you secure in place a polymarble vanity sink/top?

Here is the manual for the vanity top/sink https://www.baindepot.com/media/ftpbaindepot/pdf/VT-SQ19-041217.pdf Here is the manual for the vanity cabinet https://www.baindepot.com/media/ftpbaindepot/pdf/19-VW1203WAL-124K3.pdf Apparently it just sits on top of it. I doubt that connecting the...
  13. Mini Me

What am I looking for if I need to replace a "Water Supply Hose type 3/4”-G"? Google does not return much for this keywords

As per some previous threads I posted around here I need to replace a "Water Supply Hose type 3/4”-G" (the one in the picture) with a shorter one Searching that exactly does not give me much. the manual for the toilet is here...
  14. Mini Me

3/4" Braided stainless steel connector pushing the PEX pipe away+lots of hardware attached to the PEX pipe due to weird coupling

I had to follow the manufacturer instructions shown here https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/metal-cover-for-pex-rough-in-is-there-any-way-to-avoid-screwing-the-cover-through-the-tiles.97788/post-703738 They show it installed like this My implementation is below, I can still improve...
  15. Mini Me

What is the right type of flange extender/spacer that can be used with a cast iron flange ?

I was watching a video about installing toilets and this guy is saying that there is a special flange extender that you need to use if you have a cast iron flange Here is the link to the exact moment when he is saying this. I have the white rings flange extender kit that is is using in the next...
  16. Mini Me

Cast iron flange not level (2/8" above tile level on one side) -Can I shim the flange extender ?

Here is the picture showing the current situation I am wondering if this is worth fixing .... I should probably by the lower end What is the best way to fix this ? I considered carving out the right side where it is higher but they I realized I will need to add another 1/4" spacer (the one in...
  17. Mini Me

Metal cover for PEX rough in ..is there any way to avoid screwing the cover through the tiles?

Here is a picture of what I am dealing with I am not crazy about having to drill next to the existing hole there Besides that there is a long way to the cinder blocks, I need to go through the tile+thinset, drywall and expanded polystyrene insulation so I will have little control on how an...
  18. Mini Me

How do I use the 4 screws (not the bolts) that come with the flange extender (floor is concrete)

I have this flange extender and as you can see it comes with for screws that probably can be used when there is wood floor (main or upper level floor). I am installing this in the basement and the floor is concrete slab. Since I am tiling I will need to install this. How do I use the four screws...
  19. Mini Me

Can you recommend a toilet similar to Ove Uvi Stan that requires 10" or less to the wall?

I am being forced to use less insulation to make room for this toilet which I bought a year ago from Costco https://www.ovedecors.com/pub/media/amasty/amfile/attach/IM_Stan_Tuva_2020-05-06.pdf This is forcing me to remove a 2" layer of insulation, this is in the basement and the toilet is...
  20. Mini Me

For installing a new floating toilet is it easier to work from below when dealing with the old drain

Consider you have the layout in the first picture and consider that I want to replace the upstairs toilet with a floating one. For that to happen the plumber will have to do something with the drain for the old toilet and then cut the main stack (the blueish big vertical pipe) and connect the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks