Can you recommend a toilet similar to Ove Uvi Stan that requires 10" or less to the wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
I am being forced to use less insulation to make room for this toilet which I bought a year ago from Costco
https://www.ovedecors.com/pub/media/amasty/amfile/attach/IM_Stan_Tuva_2020-05-06.pdf

This is forcing me to remove a 2" layer of insulation, this is in the basement and the toilet is installed in a niche like below. The wall behind had 1/2" drywall, then 2" insulation sitting on 3/4" furring strips with polystiren foam between the strips and tar paper between the strips and the cinder blocks. There were tiles there before this

I am planning to remove the 2" insulation and install new 3/4" strips and Durofoam EPS Rigid Insulation 96Inch X 48Inch X 3/4Inch and then the mold resistant 1/2" drywall ...will that be enough for insulation?
the alternative is of course to replace the toilet which would be a PIA

IO0C7Mw.pngs

iiTKRZ4.pngs

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks