What am I looking for if I need to replace a "Water Supply Hose type 3/4”-G"? Google does not return much for this keywords

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
As per some previous threads I posted around here I need to replace a "Water Supply Hose type 3/4”-G" (the one in the picture) with a shorter one
Searching that exactly does not give me much.
the manual for the toilet is here https://www.ovedecors.com/pub/media/amasty/amfile/attach/IM_Stan_Tuva_2020-05-06.pdf

cAPFnLU.png

Mini Me

Reaction score
It is too rigid to force it in that cavity
It is currently pushing to the side the entire assembly and I want to fix that.
The way the manufactured loaded the plumbing with its hardware is really stupid. I added to that using PEX which is bending to the left when pushed by the supply line

CYFVZ1n.jpeg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I thought you were going to use an elbow, that would help with the hose geometry, wouldn't it?

Cheers, Wayne

Mini Me

Reaction score
I thought you were going to use an elbow, that would help with the hose geometry, wouldn't it?

Cheers, Wayne
If I do that it will look like below; the entire assembly will slide in a vertical plane parallel with the wall and it will end up with the entire thing hitting the left wall of the niche where the toilet sit is installed, resting against it and then pushing the pex pipe back and down toward the floor
I could try to use multiple fittings to drive everything behind the toilet but somehow that supply pipe will get crammed and tensioned even worse than it is
A76fWYj.png

Mini Me

Reaction score
I might need to get rid of the manufacturer crap that is leading to this
Is there sharkbite fitting that would fit here and that takes a filter ??

Reach4

Reaction score
Use "g3/4" as your search term for your title question.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
That works for now I guess? dont see a problem might need a brick under the anglestop for support.
go down to hard ware store or a retail pluming supply and ask for help, besides whatever problem you have connecting I would address the tidyness of that and put it closer to wall but at least its working for now

Mini Me

Reaction score
Found these on the Canadian Amazon

12 and 8 inches but I could get them in March probably

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Why does the angle stop stick out so far? I think that is part of your problem.

Looking at the bend where the supply hose connects to the angle stop, itlooks flexible enough to make a loop to eat up the extra length. You could Zip tie where the loop crosses to keep it from tugging at the angle stop.

Attachments

• 22-10-32-25 (Phone).png
    22-10-32-25 (Phone).png
    166.7 KB · Views: 78

Mini Me

Reaction score
No.

How will that help? You need to connect to North-America sized pex and another fitting. That connector only connects between G3/4 things. Or maybe that is what you want to do.
From what I am reading this G3/4 is some British standard

I think everything between the NG piece and the toilet is using this thread (!?) so G3/4 to G3/4 (the supply hose is not marked in the manual as having distinct ends, they are the same)

Mini Me

Reaction score
Why does the angle stop stick out so far? I think that is part of your problem.

Looking at the bend where the supply hose connects to the angle stop, itlooks flexible enough to make a loop to eat up the extra length. You could Zip tie where the loop crosses to keep it from tugging at the angle stop.
That might work and save me some money by not buying a new hose but I think the hose is too long for what I need (a right facing elbow out of the pex -this would require a shorted hose) and too short for what you are recommending (coiling the cable)

Right now it is making like a small S see the picture below
uCLf9B8.png

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
Assuming your water source is municipal, the pressure will likely be about 60 psi which will be more than sufficient to allow replacement of the included 3/4" hose with a standard braided toilet supply hose with a 3/8" compression fitting to 7/8" toilet fill valve fitting as shown on page 13 as #7.

Using this method will allow the supplied shutoff valve and associated fittings to be removed so a standard 1/2" X 3/8" angle stop maybe installed directly onto the tubing stub protruding from the wall and will therefore reduce the distance the angle stop is protruding from the wall.

Standard off-the-shelf braided toilet supply lengths are 12", 16" & 20". To connect the 7/8" fill valve (Ballcock) fitting to your 3/4" fitting below the toilet will require the 3/4" G bushing adaptor described on page 13.

A standard 3/8" angle stop valve and braided toilet supply hose will be available from your local Home Depot, Lowes/Rona, Canadian Tire or Home Hardware store.

Last edited:

Mini Me

Reaction score
Assuming your water source is municipal, the pressure will likely be about 60 psi which will be more than sufficient to allow replacement of the included 3/4" hose with a standard braided toilet supply hose with a 3/8" compression fitting to 7/8" toilet fill valve fitting as shown on page 13 as #7.

Using this method will allow the supplied shutoff valve and associated fittings to be removed so a standard 1/2" X 3/8" angle stop maybe installed directly onto the tubing stub protruding from the wall and will therefore reduce the distance the angle stop is protruding from the wall.

A standard 3/8" angle stop valve and braided toilet supply hose will be available from your local Home Depot, Lowes/Rona, Canadian Tire or Home Hardware store.
I am contemplating that route but the new shutoff valve won't have the filter the original one has.
Water pressure measured 5m at an outside spigot situated above the city meter in the house, but 8' away from the toilet in question here; don't think it matters too much how far the toilet is
L8R6FW1.png

Bannerman

Reaction score
Assuming the pressure gauge is reading accurately, your water pressure is too high. The pressure supply to a home should not exceed 80 psi and most municipal water supply pressure is 60 psi which is more than sufficient unless the building is a high rise. High rise buildings will usually utilize booster pumps to ensure sufficient pressure is supplied to upper levels.

Since your water supply is municipal, you will likely require a pressure reducing valve located as close as possible to where the supply line enters your home.

Municipal water is usually free of sediment and debris but for either well or municipal water, a sediment filter may be easily added to the main supply line which is feeding the entire home.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks