Search results

1. Sandy T

Is this a check valve?

Hello experts! Is this a check valve? It looks like it, but I wanted to make sure. If so, how can I remove it? I am trying to install a new check valve, but it's hard to remove the one in the picture. I tried to turn it anti-clock wise, but it doesn't turn! Please help. Thank you!
  2. Sandy T

A tiny bit of water on the back of shut off valve after replacing

Hi, I just replaced a shut off valve under a bath vanity sink. The compressor ring was rusted and corroded, and it was hard to remove (wiggled, shook, etc. and then sanded a bit and washed it with vinegar the copper pipe after removal. After putting a new shut off valve, I touched with a...
  3. Sandy T

Sump Pump internal discharge pipe water leaks

Hi ~ I will greatly appreciate it if I get some advice on this issue. The internal discharge pipe has a leak (? I mean a lot leak) or doesn't pump up the water properly when the pump runs. When it tries to pump up, some amount of water come out from the top of the coupling (Red arrows in the...
  4. Sandy T

Is it normal that HVAC compressor starts 40-50 minutes after the outdoor unit turns on?

Hi experts, After replacing the capacitor last year, cleaning the condenser coil and replacing the filters last week, and adding 1.5 lb refrigerant and sealant today costing $400 by a technician, I decided to ask for help here. The problem is that the compressor outside start sometimes 40-50...
  5. Sandy T

Phister, Removing old shower/bath trim kit (faucet?)

Hi experts, I've tried video channels to find a relevant content, but I had no luck. I am trying to replace an old model of bath tub trim kit (which wiggles a lot), but I don't know how. Please help me. The first obstacle is removing the big round cover (pictures attached) which does not...
  6. Sandy T

Slope in the backyard of a house on a hill

Hello my saviors, I have a basic question about a slope on my backyard. My house is located on a hill (not steep, maybe 15-20 degree or so). So as you see the picture, my backyard is slightly slopped (maybe 5 degree) down from neighbor A to neighbor C. The problem I have is that the retaining...
  7. Sandy T

Glass block basement window installation

Hi fellow experts, Upon in-depth, extensive online search, I decided to ask here since I haven't found the answer I was seeking. My basement window has a metal sash and frame as shown in the pictures. I want to replace it with a pre-assembled glass block window. In online search, I learned that...
  8. Sandy T

Basement window well problem

Hi virtual professors! I purchased my house three months ago, and the basement is finished. I don't see any wet spot on the basement walls. In a recent heavy rain, I got water in the basement, and I saw where it came from. It was through the window. I ran out and saw the window well (attached)...
  9. Sandy T

Kohler toilet installation

Hi, I am new to house maintenance!! Lots of advice would be appreciated ! I tried to install a tank on top of the toilet, but the rubber attached to the bolts are not squashed enough to connect the tank and the bowl. If I tighten the bolts more it might connect the two, but I am worried to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks