Search results

1. Steve Soldo

Tankless Venting Question

Well, this unit is very expensive and I probably should vent it by the book. I am not so much concerned about the air inlet, but rather the exhaust. I am going to pass the 2" PVC through the existing vent pipe. But I have to figure out a way to secure the pipe and also seal around the pipe at...
  2. Steve Soldo

The unit is NPE-150S2 Thank you for your input.
  3. Steve Soldo

Replacing an Bosch Aquastar with a Navien condensing unit, indoors. Previous system had a 5 inch exhaust galvanized ducting. I can run the 2 inch exhaust line PVC through the existing 5 inch duct. But I am not sure how to secure the PVC as it travels through there, especially at the roof...
  4. Steve Soldo

New Tankless Venting Question

Back house has an indoor located Bosch Aquastar that died. Never really worked that well anyway. So I need to replace it. Need a smaller unit, as there are only 2 sinks and one shower. The water and gas hookups are easy. This will need to be wired, and that is not difficult either. There...
  5. Steve Soldo

New Fleck 5600 SXT not counting gallons properly: Defective unit, or not programmed properly?

I followed your advice above, and yes was set at t .7 I changed it to P .7 I will follow the gallons reading for the next few days and see if this is the needed fix. Thank you.
  6. Steve Soldo

Online Shopping for a water softener - Which Brands?

Fleck is probably your best bet in terms of value and reliability.
  7. Steve Soldo

New Fleck 5600 SXT not counting gallons properly: Defective unit, or not programmed properly?

Will try to make long story short: • Purchased a Fleck 5600 SXT in 2018 from a company in Arizona that is now defunct. Some of you may be familiar with the company. • Kept it in storage for 3 years as my Culligan was still working • When the Culligan finally died, I installed this Fleck a...
  8. Steve Soldo

Replacement Culligan Circuit Board

Well...after a lot of research, Culligan no longer makes this circuit board. I imagine one could be found somewhere... but out of reach for the DIY'er. So it looks like I have to get a new system. I will get one of the Fleck units. I appreciate the comments.
  9. Steve Soldo

I appreciate your reply. Yes I am referring to the document that you reference above. This is what my broken circuit board looks like: Here is the page you refer to: My softener has the "Mark 100 Control", so the part number is 01-0130-94. As you know, is not so easy to get parts for...
  10. Steve Soldo

Have a Culligan Silver Series softener for 20 years. . As expected, I have replaced parts here and there. Problem I have now is that the Circuit Board has failed, Part Number is 01-0130-94 Question: Does anyone know if this is available anymore ? If not, is there a replacement. Note: I...
  11. Steve Soldo

Confusing settings for Culligan unit

Here is the control valve, front, side and from above:
  12. Steve Soldo

Confusing settings for Culligan unit

Have a Culligan unit that has been well maintained. Resin and seals recently changed, however, the circuit board, for some reason, did a hard reset and I do not remember the "optimal" settings and had to reprogram it. The unit does regenerate but the water remains somewhat hard, confirmed by...
  13. Steve Soldo

I am done with Culligan

18 year old Culligan Silver Series. Long story short: Stopped producing soft water about 4 mos ago I replaced the resin with an appropriate product and amount Water was soft for about a week, then hard again (by feel and also test strips) The unit still consumed salt despite hard water Used...
  14. Steve Soldo

Culligan Only Regenerates Manually

I think I found the problem. Look at the picture with the circuit board. The connector that is supposed to go to the "Flow Sensor" is connected to "Aqua Sensor" The the flow sensor is not sensing any flow, and the system does not degenerate. This is also why the menu did not show the...
  15. Steve Soldo

Culligan Only Regenerates Manually

Culligan Gold Series installed in my home 1999, 9 inch Over the years have changed the seals, and usually this addresses problems. Last 6 months not using salt. Doing the diagnostics on the circuit board, is not regenerating. There is a feature that shows how many times it has regenerated...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks