Culligan Only Regenerates Manually

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Soldo

Reaction score
Culligan Gold Series installed in my home 1999, 9 inch

• Over the years have changed the seals, and usually this addresses problems.
  • Last 6 months not using salt. Doing the diagnostics on the circuit board, is not regenerating. There is a feature that shows how many times it has regenerated over the last 14 days, and it says zero.
  • BUT I can get it to regenerate manually by pushing the button
  • Interestingly, when I go through the diagnostics menu, there is no ability to adjust the regeneration interval. That option is not available as I go through the programming sequence.
I am not sure what is wrong with it. Need a new circuit board? I am pretty sure I need to put in new resin but if I can't fix the problem above, it is not worth putting more money into it.

Any comments would be appreciated !!!

Reach4

Reaction score
It could be the turbine/paddlewheel has something stuck keeping the wheel from turning. In that case, the controller would not count gallons. Other things could keep flow from being counted. You might post a photo or two of the controller with any easily removed cover removed.

On the other hand, before doing too much work that might make you feel invested, a new softener with a bigger tank could be a good choice.

Steve Soldo

Reaction score
IMG_8239.jpg
It could be the turbine/paddlewheel has something stuck keeping the wheel from turning. In that case, the controller would not count gallons. Other things could keep flow from being counted. You might post a photo or two of the controller with any easily removed cover removed.

On the other hand, before doing too much work that might make you feel invested, a new softener with a bigger tank could be a good choice.

I think I found the problem. Look at the picture with the circuit board. The connector that is supposed to go to the "Flow Sensor" is connected to "Aqua Sensor" The the flow sensor is not sensing any flow, and the system does not degenerate. This is also why the menu did not show the "regeneration interval"

I hope you find this humorous. Another s$#@head do it yourselfer !!!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks