Confusing settings for Culligan unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Soldo

Reaction score
Have a Culligan unit that has been well maintained. Resin and seals recently changed, however, the circuit board, for some reason, did a hard reset and I do not remember the "optimal" settings and had to reprogram it. The unit does regenerate but the water remains somewhat hard, confirmed by testing. It does consume salt. It has a "soft minder" impeller. Culligan wants $500 in my area to come look at it.

The documentation for this unit is somewhat proprietary. The settings on the unit are:

• Salt dosage
  • Backwash time
  • Brine/ Rinse time
  • Hardness level
  • Regeneration interval
The water in my area is very, very hard. And water is somewhat expensive, so I would rather use more salt and less water if possible.

Can anyone provide a reference/ link to help me program this so my water is softer? Or just provide some nominal settings. Thank you !!!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Post pictures of the control valve. Lift the cover if you can, before the pictures.

Steve Soldo

Reaction score
Here is the control valve, front, side and from above:
IMG_9041.JPG
IMG_9045.JPG
IMG_9047.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks