Search results

1. leelee77

Thank you, plumbers!

I know that some plumbers are not working right now while others are under a lot of pressure with a heavy work load. This seems like an especially tough time to be a plumber. I was thinking about all of you when I read this article...
  2. leelee77

What is the right way to shut down an icemaker line?

I don't use my fridge's ice maker anymore, so the line that runs to it (probably around a 10' pex line, teed off of the line that runs to my kitchen sink through the crawl space) never has water run through it. I'm not planning on using the ice maker and so I'm wondering what should I do with...
  3. leelee77

Is it true that the same brand faucets are of better quality at the plumbing supply?

I'm going to need to replace my kitchen faucet and I want to choose a good one that will last. Do they make any faucets with brass parts anymore or have they all gone to plastic with pex tubing connections? Do plumbers have their favorite brands or models?
  4. leelee77

Need help to get faucet handle apart

I have a Delta Leland kitchen faucet and I want to replace the springs & seals. I have the handle off but I cannot remove the dome shaped cap from the base. It gives you some very small flat spots for a wrench but when I try to twist it, the cap and base twist as one part in the counter. How can...
  5. leelee77

Question about replacing my old tankless water heater

I have a Bosch natural gas tankless water heater that is about 13 years old. When we installed it, we found that it took a high rate of flow to trigger it to turn on. If the tap wasn't on full blast, the water heater would not turn on. So, we added a small electric water heater after it to act...
  6. leelee77

Is there a safe heat source for a small mechanical closet?

I have a cantilevered bumpout (16" x 52" inside dimensions), whose door is on the outside, that houses the pex plumbing lines coming into my house, water filter, NG tankless water heater, and a small electric water heater. Usually, the small electric water heater gives off enough heat to keep...
  7. leelee77

Delta diamond seal technology- opinions?

I've always used Delta but their new style with pex built into it is new to me. I was so proud of myself for getting my new bar faucet installed but 2 days later, I turned on the water and water started spraying out the base of the faucet above the escutcheon. They are sending me a replacement...
  8. leelee77

Lavatory Drain Question

Hi guys, how important is it to get a perfect seal on the flange of a lavatory drain when you have a sink with an overflow? I'm using plumber's putty but the flange shape is just slightly different than the shape of the sink so I got curious, if a drip did make it through under the flange, would...
  9. leelee77

Undersink water filtration question

Hi, I want to add a 3-stage filter system for drinking water under my kitchen sink. (I don't have space for RO.) My water is safe but it looks and tastes awful. I have been looking at reviews of the commonly available systems and reading one nightmare after another about cheap plastic...
  10. leelee77

Kohler Rialto 3386

The fill valve on my 12 yr old Kohler Rialto has developed a leak and runs continuously. Looking up replacement, I found they want you to replace the whole works with a conversion kit which looks to be about $90. In the course of reading about it, I noticed one person didn't recommend fixing it...
  11. leelee77

Septic lift pump question

Hi, what is the correct fitting to connect my septic lift pump's output pvc pipe to the city's pipe? The fitting I have basically looks like this: But it has slipped off a couple times, leading my septic alarm to go off, so I'm wondering if it's the right kind or there is something better? Not...
  12. leelee77

Galvanized steel. Need advice on this pipe

Hi guys, I noticed this pipe in my plumbing closet looks kind of damaged. Can someone give me an idea what is going on with it and if it is in danger of breaking? I think it has looked like this a long time but I just realized maybe I shouldn't be ignoring it? This is the pipe that comes out of...
  13. leelee77

Need to replace water softener?

After 11 good years, my WaterBoss 950 is putting dirty looking, blackish water through to the house. I was advised by them I may need to replace it, or I could try replacing the media, but no guarantees. I've been reading over the threads on this site and seems like WaterBoss is not recommended...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks