Search results

1. jimpc

Can a converted Delta 1500 series from '96 accept new Delta 17T unit?

Thanks. The problem is the frame of the closet behind the one shower is directly behind the valve. The other bathroom there is a cabinet behind the valve. We aren't remodeling. Maybe I'll just get the front cover plate they use to convert the multi handle to single handle.
  2. jimpc

Is there any kind of extra trim ring I can use if I want to replace the rough in valve from the front of the shower? I know there are ones for going from 3 handle to one handle but I already have a single handle currently there.
  3. jimpc

I have a Delta 1500 series shower unit from 1996. About 4 years ago the cartridge went and Delta sent me the 1500 to 1700 conversion kit for free, RP29405. Being that this unit is now converted can I replace it with a new 17T series Delta kit without changing the rough in valve? Thanks
  4. jimpc

For those wondering about alternatives to Toto.

Hey guys. Sorry about not being around, I just kind of forgot about it after I was done. Between the 2 I'd go with the Corbelle personally but it really is just about a 6 of one half dozen of the other situation. Both flush and clean well. The only day to day difference between the two is the...
  5. jimpc

For those wondering about alternatives to Toto.

I've been on a toilet replacement binge at the house so I thought I'd share some insight that I've acquired. We wanted all skirted toilets so I went with the Kohler Corbelle and the Toto Vespin II. Both are 1.28gpf skirted ADA height elongated toilets with each company's respective premium...
  6. jimpc

Trouble with skirted Toto Vespin and supply line clearance.

Hey guys thanks for all the help. I got it done. Once again you guys are the best.
  7. jimpc

Trouble with skirted Toto Vespin and supply line clearance.

Just got a Toto Vespin II before realizing that the shutoff valve needed to be 5.5" off center. Mine is 5" off center. Toilet is basically a 12.5" rough in, that's where the bolts are from the tiled wall. However I'm not getting the clearance I was expecting from the wall. I;m not even sure I...
  8. jimpc

Closet Flange. How do I repair this?

All done. Went with a wax seal with a horn. Thank you so much for your time.
  9. jimpc

Just got back from the plumbing supply with the same floor flange I had there before. So I'll drop it in. Peen the lead. And screw it down.
  10. jimpc

Unfortunately when laying the Superior Super Ring on top it was about an inch above the finished floor because it was resting on the lead and not just the old flange. There was no way it was going down much farther. So I curled the lead up, I know, and was able to easily lift the old ring and...
  11. jimpc

I'm on my way to Lowe's. 1/4 x 1 1/4" Tapcon to drill it to the concrete?
  12. jimpc

If I go with the Superior 21015 do I need to remove as much of the old ring as possible or do I just lay the superior on top?
  13. jimpc

Also I've been using the Korky wax free seals on the other toilets with no problems or leaks so I'll stick with that if possible. Lastly, the new toilet covers the unfinished area currently there so no worries there.
  14. jimpc

I was able to gently curl about half of the lead up to see if the flange could be removed. It's not budging. I flattened the lead lip back to where it was. The flange is virtually level with the finished floor height. The lead covering it is higher than the finished floor.
  15. jimpc

So I'm going to replace my third toilet in the house. Remove the old toilet and this is what I see: Obviously part of the ring is broken. However, what's left isn't screwed in and it's not moving so something is holding it. How do I repair/replace this? Thanks
  16. jimpc

What toilet rough in length?

Ya, I'm over it. You'll hate this Terry but my family owns a paint business and only has access to Kohler toilets from their distributor. So that's what is going in. Going to try out the new Kohler Corbelle. Supposedly they've finally caught up with everyone else by replicating the "around the...
  17. jimpc

So how does something like this happen? Other 2 toilets I have are the same and it's only 12.5" from bolt to wall. I just don;t want to get a 14" rough in and find out it doesn't fit then have to pay a restocking fee or return shipping if I order it online.
  18. jimpc

About to replace 3 toilets. 2 are obviously 12" rough but the third has me wondering. Probably 12 as well but just want to be sure. 2 pics attached of bolt distance from wall and top of toilet to wall, 13.25" and 1.50" respectively. Thanks all.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks