Search results

1. Grunt

Well x trol wx252

Does anyone know why the Well x Trol WX 252 was discontinued by the manufacturer ?
  2. Grunt

Softener upper basket

Ive just been informed that the upper basket on control valves is not used when the valve is used on a vortech tank. Am setting up a 12x52 vortech with a 2510 sxt. The valve didn't come with an upper basket and when asked about it was informed no upper basket is used when utilizing a voetech...
  3. Grunt

Moving pump

Had a starite 1hp pump for 30 + years which sat ontop of a large bladder tank & was reasonably quiet. Have a j10s now on top of new bladder tank & it is noisey compared to the starite. Want to move the pump to the slab figure it will be less noisey than sitting atop a 20 gal bladder tank but...
  4. Grunt

Microz

I was reading an add for a carbon filter and it says "Fully assembled backwashing filters with activated carbon and MicroZ™" What is microz ? V / R Grunt
  5. Grunt

CSV pump GPM

Am using a csv on my shallow well jet pump. Prior to using csv I had a large bladder tank & was able to check how many gpm my pump was producing by timing pump on & off etc. Now with the csv & very small bladder tank do I just collect water from outside hose bibb (that does not run thru filter...
  6. Grunt

Vortech mineral tank

Have a down-flow carbon mineral tank and its time to re-bed. Thinking about getting a vortech tank. I understand that during backwash there is an increase in backwashing flow. My interest in switching to a vortech tank would primarily be for an increase in service flow rate but can find nothing...
  7. Grunt

Mineral tank

Looking for a 10 x 48 mineral tank. Any one know where to get one ? Have searched but can only find 10 x 54. V / R Grunt
  8. Grunt

Phtometer

Looking for recomendations for an acurate photometer to use primairly for chlorine. As a member in high standings within the C O B union 169 (Cheap Old Bastards Union) I prefer to stay less than $160.00. V / R...
  9. Grunt

Chlorine for well

I fill my chlorine tank for my chlorinator de-chlorinator system appx every 2 months. For the last 25 years or so I have used 1 Gal clorox regular 6% with 14 Gals of distilled water. I picked up 2 Gals of clorox reg yesterday & filled my tank with 14 gallons distilled water & 1 Gal of clorox. I...
  10. Grunt

Check Valve

Found a check valve on my system when replacing pump/pressure tank etc. Ran new schedule 40 to it from pump & new 1.5 sch 40 adapter to screw into it. That was appx 2 monthes ago, today found adapter had cracked where threads end at junction of female / slip end of adapter. Suspect I possibly...
  11. Grunt

Golden Years

Golden Years my ass.
  12. Grunt

Stainless steel pipe nipples

True story; I went to the plumbing section of a big box store today, wasn't thinking, it was noisy, so in a somewhat loud voice I asked the gentleman working the isle if he has STAINLESS STEEL NIPPLES. A shocked expression on his face but was laughing & so was several others around us. I was...
  13. Grunt

Fleck 40922

Was lookig at the fleck 40922 bottom distributor, it says that using this you do not need gravel bed ? I have a down flow carbon filter & am wondering if this works better than the standard bottom distributor that came with the fleck valve & if so should I continue to use a gravel bed also. V /...
  14. Grunt

Gravel type & size

I have a 9x48 mineral tank with a fleck 5600 & am going to rebed the carbon & gravel it's been 4 + years since last rebed & starting to get breakthrough of chlorine. I have just read that my gravel size should be based on my max gpm use ? My max usage flow is around 12 gpm but thats on a rare...
  15. Grunt

Pressure Tank

Sta-rite Con-air model 82te pressure tank. Can't find any info about tank, tank charge looses appx 7 psi over 5 day period. Keep recharging to 28 psi as required. Had found schrader valve leaking & replaced it & does not leak from that any more but still loosing air somewhere. Shallow well, pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks