Search results

1. Sdsvtdriver

Filtration - DI water

Less water softener related and more water quality - best forum here to place this it seems, but mods please move if necessary. I've had a spotless water system for car washing for a decade. I've been buying resin by the cu. f.t and replacing as necessary - last bag I bought was Jan 2020 and it...
  2. Sdsvtdriver

Upgrading home water treatment

I'm debating on upgrading my home water treatment. Currently have a water softener and a Centaur Catalytic Carbon for chloramine reduction with 2x 5810s. I am considering a whole home filter as the city water seems to have high iron or other mineral content leaving red stains in the shower and...
  3. Sdsvtdriver

Rachio flow meter installation

I'm debating installing a Rachio flow meter. Instructions below. https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002282073-Rachio-Wireless-Flow-Meter-Quick-Start-Guide- My irrigation pipe before all the valves is 1 1/4". Would downsizing to 1" to install the loop for the flow meter cause...
  4. Sdsvtdriver

DIY project - drain tank for ice maker

I have an Opal ice maker. Part of the maintenance is running a diluted bleach solution through it and rising it a few times. Today, I have to move the 40lb device near the sink so the relatively short drain tubes will have place to drain to. These tubes are 1/4” in. ID and 3/8” in. OD. I saw...
  5. Sdsvtdriver

Algae in drain line

The drain line from my softener and chloramine reduction tanks has algae in it. I’m guessing it is from the lack of chlorine and the fact the line is clear which allows light in. Is this an issue I should be concerned about? Should I bypass the chloramine and regenerate the softener? Thanks!
  6. Sdsvtdriver

Spotless resin?

Not exactly softener related but I couldn't find any other appropriate forum here. I have a mobile spotless system that I bought years ago from Costco.com for washing cars and power washing house windows. They have since discontinued the resin from their website (and the system) and the only...
  7. Sdsvtdriver

Corrosion on cold inlet

Hello, I had a new WH installed about 18 months ago (AO Smith). Plumber replaced all connections to the house with new. The cold in and hot out are SS flex lines. I noticed significant corrosion on the cold inlet where the SS line connects to the WH. We suspected it was related to a used up...
  8. Sdsvtdriver

Whole house filter to pair with 5810?

Any new whole house filters that can offer flow rates comparable to 36 GPM the 5810 will sustain? The only option I've seen is "Big blue", but I recall the flow rate was roughly half. On city water, but getting quite a bit of red colored deposits in the shower and toilets as of late, so tossing...
  9. Sdsvtdriver

Anode Rod and Water Softener

Hi, I put in a new water heater (AO Smith FCG 75 300) roughly 13 months ago. I have significant corrosion on the dip tube nipple on the cold water intake. AO Smith suggests checking and replacing the anode rod. I did not expect replacing the anode rod to be an annual service item, but I've...
  10. Sdsvtdriver

5810 - going from salt to potassium

Hi, I have a Fleck 5810 water softener currently using salt. I'd like to switch to potassium for a bit and see how I like it vs. salt, even though it is more expensive. I have some hose bibs that haven't been bypassed yet and watering plants is difficult. Will the valve require any...
  11. Sdsvtdriver

Fleck 5810 sxt or XTR2?

I'm considering a softener from a local dealer who recommends the 5810. I believe they use the SXT as standard. The XTR2 looks fancier but is it much better? I haven't asked the difference in cost. What should I expect it to be (ballpark?) Thanks!
  12. Sdsvtdriver

Question - Considering a 5810 and Pentair Pentek ChlorPlus.

I'm considering having a Fleck 5810 installed and am debating on adding the Pentair Pentek ChlorPlus. From what I read, the ChlorPlus breaks the chloramine bond and filters the chlorine out, but the ammonia stays in the water and flows through the tap. Is this accurate? If I filter out the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks