Search results

1. JustaDIYer

Well Pump/Switch Question

As I was drawing some raw water off a bib next to my pressure tank, I noticed the pressure decreasing fast. Down at 30psi, I thought i heard the pump kick on (40-60 switch), the decreasing pressure slowed a bit and then went to 20psi and suddenly dropped to zero with a bang and then recovered...
  2. JustaDIYer

Softener issues & questions

So I have a fleck 5000 proflow sxt, 80k grain capacity, 2.5 cu ft Purolite SST60 resin (approx 8 yrs old). With a Fe filter before the softener, fleck 5810 stx with 1.5 cu ft of KL (approx 5 yrs old) Couple issues I've been having are as follows;. Softener not metering water flow. Think I...
  3. JustaDIYer

Sprinkler Head connection

So I went to replace a broken impact head with a new rotor style with a 3/4" thread. The previous impacts I replaced had 1" tubing to them. So dug this one up and noticed it was much smaller, I thought it was 1/2" (one of the farthest heads away from house). Turns out a 1/2" barb fitting...
  4. JustaDIYer

Pressure switch Kick-On point

Been trying to figure out why I'm having low pressure issues this year with my sprinkler system, never have in the past. Noticed pressure was down to 25psi or so while a couple zones were running. So was doing a GPM test by filling a bucket from a full tank till the pump kicks on and then...
  5. JustaDIYer

Softener won't draw brine

OK, I'm stumped... Recently installed a Fe filter ahead of my softener and now the softener will not draw brine to regenerate. Things I've tried so far: - removed brine tube from control head; confirmed suction during BD cycle, reconnected - removed brine tube from brine valve in brine tank...
  6. JustaDIYer

Where to drain an Iron Filter

Could I get opinion on where to drain the iron filter? septic or sump? Both are readily accessible. The softener is currently drained to sump crock. Iron filter would regen every 4 days (approx. 100 gal ?) If I tied into main septic line (directly above the filter), how would I do that (I...
  7. JustaDIYer

Installing an air injector question

I'm going to install an air injector into my main supply before my pressure tank (for an iron filter) and was wondering the steps to do that so I don't get a bath and don't damage anything. My thoughts and feel free to correct me wherever: - shut power off to well pump (switch or circuit box?)...
  8. JustaDIYer

Planning a bath remodel .... need advice

I'm a DIY'er here looking to remodel my first ever bathroom (a spare one). I've browsed these forums a lot and got some great tips and advice that I'll use. I've gone back and forth on what method to use for waterproofing (topical vs. membrane) and what to use for the shower pan (deck mud vs...
  9. JustaDIYer

Question on using IO to clean WS resin

Ok. So I'm doing a resin clean with IO and let it draw in and unplugged the control valve to let the solution soak. Should the valve still be sucking thru the brine tube? And water draining out the drain tube? And it seems like there's water flowing thru the valve. Is this right?
  10. JustaDIYer

Is this Iron Bacteria or just iron build-up?

This is a picture of my injector screen after about 7 months in service with new softener (it quit drawing brine and hence me finding this issue, i cleaned this and seems to be working now). I checked inside my toilet tanks and there was no slimy buildup. Tanks were red colored but not slimy...
  11. JustaDIYer

Looking for advice and assistance.... pls

A quick background, bought a house about 2.5 years ago (3 people, 3 full baths, 2 story on private well) and it had an older Kenmore softener which was working as far as i could tell. It quit end of last year. After countless hours debating what to get and convincing my wife (sort of) to spend...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks