Installing an air injector question

Users who are viewing this thread

JustaDIYer

Reaction score
I'm going to install an air injector into my main supply before my pressure tank (for an iron filter) and was wondering the steps to do that so I don't get a bath and don't damage anything. My thoughts and feel free to correct me wherever:
- shut power off to well pump (switch or circuit box?)
- run house faucets to drain tank down to zero pressure
- shut valves off to house/softener
- open spigot by pressure tank to drain off any remaining water
- install air injector (1" female to 1" PVC coupler adaptor using pipe sealant on the threads)
- restore power to well pump (check for leaks)
- slowly open valves to house
upload_2017-5-16_11-42-57.png

Did I miss anything?

Also, could I get opinion on where to drain the iron filter? septic or sump? Both are readily accessible. The softener is currently drained to sump crock. Iron filter would regen every 4 days (approx. 100 gal ?) If I tied into main septic line (directly above the filter), how would I do that (I realize I may need a plumber for this one)?

Thanks all!

JustaDIYer

Reaction score
so just drain it into sump crock? just curious on added usage on the pump. would a larger pump help? or plumb it into the sump drain line above the pump?

Reach4

Reaction score
Note that while a pre-charged pressure tank with a diaphragm (or bladder for some), that differs from the "conventional tank" which has no diaphragm or bladder. I have never seen a conventional tank myself. The conventional tank is not as common.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks