Search results

1. Tireshark

Is my plan ok to replace kitchen sink drain line?

When they built the house, they dropped the drain right in the middle of a floor joist. They cut out a notch in the joist, but didn't leave enough room, and the copper has developed a leak presumably from decades of rubbing against the wood. It's on the end of the drain line, so I figure...
  2. Tireshark

Want to re-route washer/sink drain... question about vent.

I have two separate 4" drain pipes that my fixtures connect to, and I want to move 2 fixtures to the other pipe. Here is a diagram of the situation. Everything is in the crawlspace, and everything is vertical except for the 2 drain pipes, and the line I want to move. Will this work? If so...
  3. Tireshark

Water Heater overheating in combustion chamber?

Pilot wouldn't light, had to get new Valve/pilot assembly, and TRD (Thermal Release Device) from manufacturer (thankfully all under warranty). Got it all back together, and WH works. So... now I'm thinking about why the TRD failed. Apparently this thing fails when the temp gets too high in the...
  4. Tireshark

Are the holes on a water heater where the gas valve screws in universal?

I have a water heater that needs a new gas valve, but no one in town stocks it. I have a spare water heater that isnt being used, and I would like to put the valve from that water heater on the one that isn't working, while I wait for parts. Are the holes in the water heater where the valve...
  5. Tireshark

Tiny leak from threaded connection... is there a putty i can use to seal it?

In the picture you can see the leak. It is very small... maybe a drop every 3-5 minutes or so. It is in a water heater closet, and space is tight. I have tightened it, which slowed the leak, but i dont really want to go any further for fear of something breaking. I can try tightening it...
  6. Tireshark

Kitchen sink leaking from base of spout (Delta).

When i turn either faucet on, water leaks out of the middle piece, where it screws together. I unscrewed it and pulled a cartridge type of deal out. Will replacing it stop the leak? If so, i guess i will have to go to a plumbing supply store, because i couldn't find anything that looks like...
  7. Tireshark

Pressure reducing valve is leaking... can i maybe just remove it?

This is in a house built in the 60's. The PRV started spraying water from where it joins together, and a piece inside was broken. It is a Cash Acme EB-72 U. (3/4") Can i test the water pressure to see if it is even necessary to replace the PRV? Like maybe screw some fittings into the ends of...
  8. Tireshark

Looking for break in buried 4" drain pipe... can i drill hole in top of pipe?

4" thinwall drain pipe from a septic tank. I was installing inspection ports on it by using saddle tee's, and i think i have found a problem between two of the ports. Water drains partway, but it acts real funny and i can only get a hose through it in one direction (it's less than a 50 ft...
  9. Tireshark

Help troubleshooting hot water running out quickly (replaced dip tube already).

This is a rental and the tenants recently began reporting that the hot water was running out quickly when taking showers. I inspected the dip tube and it had holes in it, and was extremely brittle... couldn't pull it out because it broke, so i just pushed it off to the side and installed a new...
  10. Tireshark

Advice on rocks for septic line, and corrugated to PVC adapter.

Replacing a 4 inch corrugated septic drain, that is 130 ft. long. The corrugated pipe goes directly into the septic tank, and I am going to cut it off about a foot from the tank and use PVC for the rest of the line. Is this product okay for the connection, or is there a better alternative...
  11. Tireshark

Will a sani-seal (waxless) ring work if my toilet has indentations? (pic)

My toilet has two built in indentations at the horn... will a waxless seal still work properly, or do i have to use a wax ring? Here is the type of seal i am talking about: Sani Seal Toilet Gasket :: No Mess - Waxless ? Repositionable
  12. Tireshark

Drain pipe rotted under house, can someone look over my repair plan?

I have a section of cast iron drain pipe that rotted out right under the middle of the house... im going to cut at each end of the house and replace with PVC, probably about 25 feet. Wanted to install a clean out plug back at the sink, and possibly one right before it goes into the 4" sewer...
  13. Tireshark

Weird water pressure issue in house... tenants moving in today, any ideas? (w/pics)

Ok, so for the past two weeks i have been getting the place in shape and noticed that all the faucets/toilets had low water pressure... i just thought that the water main at the street wasn't open all the way and didn't mess with it. Get renters, and finally decide to go to the street to open...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks