Search results

1. Bluegrass Picker

Washing Machine - Move From 1 1/2" Vertical Line To 3" Vertical Main Stack?

We are wanting to move the washer and sink, so the washing machine drain needs to go to the opposite side of the main stack. House was built in 1968. Existing washing machine drain in basement is 1 1/2". Main waste stack is 3" and has 2 toilets, 1 tub, 1 shower connected from floor above...
  2. Bluegrass Picker

Replaced Short Length Of 1/2" Copper With PEX. Do I Need A Ground Jumper?

Hi, I removed a 4 foot length of 1/2" copper pipe and replaced it with PEX while installing a T for a faucet line. On the other end of that PEX there is about ten feet of 1/2" copper pipe that leads to another three foot PEX pipe that connects to a different faucet in another room. That...
  3. Bluegrass Picker

Moen Posi-Temp Valve Uses No Backing Board?

I'm getting ready to install a Moen Posi-Temp shower faucet, and the instructions make no mention of any backing board or support other than the plastic round "plaster ground" sandwiching the fiberglass wall to the escutcheon plate. Apparently the valve "floats" and is held only by the...
  4. Bluegrass Picker

Bathroom Plumbing Plan Re-done, Please Advise - Drawing Attached

First, I want to say that I deeply appreciate the advice and the information that is contained on this forum and I appreciate those persons who have provided the responses and information. We're finalizing our bathroom plumbing after reading various posts here and after getting advice from a...
  5. Bluegrass Picker

Shower Drain For Fiberglass Shower - Caulk Or No-Caulk Design - Do Or Don't Do?

Hi, We are installing a Maax fiberglass two piece Neo Angle shower unit in our bathroom on the main level with basement underneath. All plumbing and the drain is readily accessible. There are two types of shower drains that I am considering. Both are made by Sioux chief. One is the...
  6. Bluegrass Picker

Two Bathroom Sinks Back-To-Back. What Double Fitting To Use On Horizontal Drain?

Hi, In the process of my bathroom remodel, I am moving the vanity from the middle to the right end of the small bathroom. In that location it will be exactly mirroring the one in the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The horizontal drain line that serves both sinks has a slight bow in...
  7. Bluegrass Picker

Moving Toilet, Adding Shower To Toilet Drain Line - Please Check Diagram

Hi, I'm adding a shower to one of the bathrooms on the main level of our house. We have two bathrooms back to back, and both toilets are connected to the 3" copper stack via a double san tee just below the floor. All DWV plumbing is in basement. I'm planning to cut the toilet horizontal...
  8. Bluegrass Picker

Is Offset Toilet Flange Problematic And Should Be Avoided? Or OK To Use?

Hi, I am going to be installing a toilet in our bathroom remodel / retrofit. This previous thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-install-a-wax-ring-on-a-toilet-with-a-offset-flange.651/ discussed a wax ring sealing problem with the offset flange, and I didn't quite...
  9. Bluegrass Picker

Sterling Vikrell Bathtub - Does The Apron Contact Subfloor And Support Weight?

Hi, I'm installing a Sterling Vikrell AllPro bathtub. I'll be bedding the tub in mortar, but do I need to ensure that after leveling that the apron contacts the subfloor? In other words, does the apron function as a support device to hold the tub in place and keep it from rocking. I know...
  10. Bluegrass Picker

Copper Vertical Vent Pipe Question (Hopefully Simple, But Very Important)

Hi, Single story home with basement. We're swapping out the old bathtub for a new Sterling tub. I will have to replace the old 1 1/4" trap with a 1 1/2" trap which means I'll need to cut into the vertical copper 1 1/4" vent pipe that extends from below the tub up through the roof to attach a...
  11. Bluegrass Picker

Shower Pan and Enclosure Choices? Please Help Me Choose

Hi, We are still planning our bathroom remodel, and I am trying to decide what to use for our showers. I will be installing a 32 x 32 shower in the bath upstairs, and a 36" Neo Angle shower in the bath in the basement. I cannot make either shower larger due to bathroom size constraints, so...
  12. Bluegrass Picker

Distance From Rim Of Toilet To Obstruction - Does That Include The Arc Of The Door?

Hi, I'm still in the planning stages of our bathroom remodel and I'm trying to make everything conform to code before we begin. Code requires that from the front rim of the toilet, a space of at least 24" to the nearest obstruction must be kept. The 24" door to this bathroom is in the left...
  13. Bluegrass Picker

Moving Heat Register Directly Under Open Door Swing? Do or Don't Do? Advice Please!

Hi, We are in the midst of planning our bathroom remodel in our mid 60's house and we have a heat/AC register in the floor next to the wall with the vanity about a foot or so to the right of the register. When the bathroom door is open and stops parallel to that wall, the left edge of the...
  14. Bluegrass Picker

Do I Really Need A Building Permit? Bathroom Modifications Unable To Fully Meet Code

Hi, I am going to move a toilet in my bathroom and install a shower where the toilet originally was. I would very much like to pull a building permit and be totally legal, but in the small space of my existing bathroom I will be unable to conform to modern code in areas that are not major...
  15. Bluegrass Picker

3 inch Wye for toilet below another Wye OK?

Hi, I have two toilets in separate bathrooms that are back-to-back, and each toilet is approximately 24 inches from the 3 inch vertical stack that goes down below the basement and out to the septic. They are connected via a double sanitary T at the stack just below the bathroom floor, which...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks