Search results

1. Pmaru77

"Newish" Delta Kitchen faucet went bad.......

My wife bought a faucet and had it installed while I was away. No box to identify what it is. But after one year, the valve is way sticky and have to wrestle the handle to get the water to flow. Getting a smooth transition to the flow you want is way gone. I took off the handle and here are...
  2. Pmaru77

HELP! brass fitting far in........... Removing Phister shower handle

I've got this Phister valve handle and the brass sleeve that screws in is too far in and I don't know how to unscrew it. This is new stuff and I've had it for about a month. I did a dry fit when the shower plumbing was done to check out the valve. I accidently screwed the brass fitting all the...
  3. Pmaru77

Curved shower curtain rod for curved tub....

There are a lot of rods out there, but most of them if not all of them are adjustable, and who lknows what they are made of. I found a stainless one a while back that costs about 80 bucks, but cannot find it again. What I want is a one piece stainless steel rod with mounts that will be for a...
  4. Pmaru77

Is it illegal or bad practice to join 2 drain pipes.........

I have 1 1/2" abs drain coming off a shower/bath. The drain is ABS and glued where there is no slip fit or compression fittings. I'm concerned that it may be too rigid and a good earthquake may cause a crack or failure. I was thinking of putting in a rubber 1 1/2" coupling on the horizontal...
  5. Pmaru77

Valve layout for tub/shower??????????

The book says that the valve to be 30" up from the tub for a tub/shower install, and the valve should be up 48" for just a shower. In reality, the shower will be used 95% more than the tub. So I'd like to put the valve in between, like maybe 42". Is this a good idea?
  6. Pmaru77

Here is another problem that occured which I thought was interesting....

I had a leak a few years back, it was soaking the kitchen hallway ceiling, and there was a lot of plumbing above, including 2 back to back bathrooms. The drywall was soaked pretty bad, so I punched a hole in it assuming that I would have to replace it anyways. Water was dripping down fairly...
  7. Pmaru77

Ok, here is something that bugs me.

When you install a drain in a sink or a tub, the fitting is usually smaller than the hole it is going to go through. In my case right now, I have a fitting that has 1.875 OD thread and goes into a tub that has a 2.25 dia. hole. That is a lot of clearance, especially when the upper seal is...
  8. Pmaru77

Saving water here in California buy installing mini water heaters at point of use.

I'm remodeling a bathroom right now and am trying to figure out these mini water heaters and what to do. First off, the bathroom sink, it takes too long and we waste water waiting for the hot. I've installed the Armitron before with great results. They were like 4 gallon electric water heaters...
  9. Pmaru77

Tub drain and overflow questions????????????

I have a Kohler tub (alcove with curve) standard 60" x 30" with a curve that makes it 36" wide at center. I'm installing this in a remodel and have no access to the underneath, but only access to check for leaks. I bought the drain/overflow kit that Kohler suggested, and it was way expensive...
  10. Pmaru77

Recommendations for new shower/tub hardware............

I'm installing a new Kohler 60" x 36" (curved out 6") on a remodel of our guest bathroom. I picked the tub because it gives more room for showers. Also plan on a curved shower curtain rod. Terry, any recommendations on a curved shower rod that is stainless steel and is not a 2 piece...
  11. Pmaru77

Which toilets have a glazed trap to help in getting the tough ones down the tunnel?

I'm dealing with someone with round hard balls of poop due to their medications. I'm thinking that a good toilet with a smooth trap may work instead of getting a larger trap diameter. Most toilets I've used have a throat/trap that is not glazed and is somewhat rough. there has to be a better...
  12. Pmaru77

My drain is rotted.

What is the protocal for dealing with this. There is no access to the underside unless I demo the upstairs floor. The metal part of the drain is partially rusted out....and there is no more hold-down for one side of the toilet. Forget to mention, there was Hardy board and tile that I removed...
  13. Pmaru77

Toilet base at the floor is wet.

I re-installed (orig toilet) a toilet in a remodel about 4 years ago.....floor is tile on concrete and don't remember any snafu's. Well the grout has slowly been getting wet around the base and done the grout line of a tile (grout is dark ...implying high moisture content). This has been going...
  14. Pmaru77

Kitchen sink single handle valve operation..

Seems like almost all new kitchen sink faucets are the single handle valve type these days, and I love 'em. But I'm curious to how people actually use them. If I want cold water, I will move the lever back and bias it to the right so as not to get any hot water mixed in. Some of these new...
  15. Pmaru77

Franke sink and faucet.

I bought this sink and faucet from someone on craigslist. I was going to put it in a cabin. I bought it because I have been having trouble finding a cheap small kitchen sink...so when it came up, I jumped on it. Franke Arc Faucet, model #FF-700 (retail $425) Franke Cisterna Fireclay...
  16. Pmaru77

Instralled a new g-disposal and re-designed the drain...

Here is what it looks like now. Split sink with smaller of the 2 on thr right. the left side goes straight down to a trap and exits to the back drain. The right side has the g-d and branches straight over to the left. Clean and simple. But what bugs me is the freaking dripping into the trap...
  17. Pmaru77

Solenoid function on a irrigation valve?

Well, while I'm trying to repair/fix my valve leaking problem, I thought I'd ask how a solenoid valve drop the pressure on one side of the diaphram valve so that the diaphram opens to let flow to the sprinklers. I am assuming that there is more pressure on the top of the diaphram when shut...
  18. Pmaru77

tracing water lines (PVC irrigation)?????

I'm trying to work on my sprinkler system to fix a leaky valve. I have to shut off at the stret because who ever put the system in did not put in a shutoff valve. Who or what would I use to try to trace where the piping runs for the sprinkler system? It is a straight line from the street to...
  19. Pmaru77

Cutting ABS 2 inch drain in tight quarters?

Is there a special tool to cut plastic piping in tight spaces? I have a shower drain that split and have to get in there and splice some new piping.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks