"Newish" Delta Kitchen faucet went bad.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Pmaru77

Reaction score
My wife bought a faucet and had it installed while I was away. No box to identify what it is. But after one year, the valve is way sticky and have to wrestle the handle to get the water to flow. Getting a smooth transition to the flow you want is way gone. I took off the handle and here are some pics. If I can ID this thing maybe I can get a replacement from the mfgr. Most likely a name brand as she does not scrimp like me.

I think I found it...…...Delta

Is this worth fixing? We are remodeling this spring. If this faucet is a dud, maybe move on?

fixt2.JPG

Attachments

• fixt1.JPG
    fixt1.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 149
  • valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Pmaru77

Reaction score
My wife bought a faucet and had it installed while I was away. No box to identify what it is. But after one year, the valve is way sticky and have to wrestle the handle to get the water to flow. Getting a smooth transition to the flow you want is way gone. I took off the handle and here are some pics. If I can ID this thing maybe I can get a replacement from the mfgr. Most likely a name brand as she does not scrimp like me.

I think I found it...…...Delta

Is this worth fixing? We are remodeling this spring. If this faucet is a dud, maybe move on?

When I put things back together, it does work better but still stiff. Is there any maintenance I can do on this valve to fix the issue?

delta-rp50587-diamond-cartridge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pmaru77

Reaction score
Ouch, bummer valve design. I guess I will try to get a free replacement valve, but surely will get a better faucet during the remodel. But $250 retail faucet down the drain? How does one go about getting a free valve replacement?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think my next kitchen faucet will be Kohler.
I installed a couple of Kohler kitchen faucets for people I know, and that worked out well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks