Search results

1. Ntcarson

Adding 2 sinks on 1.5" horizontal run

Hey all! I need to add 2 sinks (stub out, p-trap, etc) in an office space that I am renting. There is an existing 1.5" pipe off the main stack and heading in the right direction. The crude sketch below generally illustrates my situation. 1) Obviously, venting is going to be a problem. Since...
  2. Ntcarson

Wax Ring Failure?

Hello all, I was chasing down an AC issue at my house today and came upon a new leak. Fortunately, I was just under there recently, so it hasn't been going on for long. I traced to the most likely location (a toilet) and found the following condition of the wax ring/flange. Since I cannot...
  3. Ntcarson

New Mini Split Sizing Questions

Please feel free to ignore my ramblings and look at picture and questions - pretty self explanatory. Good morning! After some kicking and screaming, I have given into my families demands to make the garage a more flexible and usable space for gaming and exercising activities. While I'm very...
  4. Ntcarson

Pressure Test Leak

Hi All! With lots of help from you all, I've prepped for my pressure test on the DWV rebuild of this 1938 house. With the exception of 2" and 4" threaded clean-out plugs, my only leak is a slow drip at the joint circled in the picture, at the base of my attic vent stack. Since this is the...
  5. Ntcarson

Pump at 0psi

Good morning! My well pump has, now 3 times, over the last month or so, ended back at 0 psi, and not operating. Each time, I've checked the power and the switch mechanics and they all seem good. Manually forcing the pump to run with the control lever quickly returns it to normal operation, in...
  6. Ntcarson

2-in P Trap for tub/shower combo

Quick question - is it a code violation to use a 2-in p trap for a 1 1/2-in tub drain? Thanks, Neil
  7. Ntcarson

Double fixture fitting question

Hey guys - Just a quick and, hopefully, not too dumb question. I'm putting in a 2" drain -> double fixture -> vent for back to back bathrooms. Off of the double fixture, left and right, I will come over a few inches then 90 out under each vanity for the trap. At what point along the way...
  8. Ntcarson

Offset back-to-back bathroom sinks

Hello, I've got a couple of questions for back-to-back bathroom sinks that have offset centers. I plan to bring the waste pipe (and vent), 2", up through the middle of both sink centers. When I split off, left and right, horizontally from that pipe, I will run in each direction (again...
  9. Ntcarson

Couple basic DWV questions

Good morning! I've got a master plumber coming out in a few weeks to help me with my install, but I'd like to be mostly prepared/supplied, so I have a couple questions: 1) In my crawlspace, does the soil stack (where my drains turn down to go underground) need to have a vent straight up from...
  10. Ntcarson

Mechanical Room inside Bathroom Questions

Good morning! I’m working on a renovation of an old place and am struggling with a couple aspects pertaining to code and location of electrical panel. While I understand the clearance/space requirements, it is unclear to me if I can create a mechanical room (enclosed, with door) inside of a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks