I’m SOL aren’t I?? Delta 600

Users who are viewing this thread

Jaxkoftrades

Reaction score
Been long time since have posted but pretttty sure I’m screwed. Unable to budge an old delta 600 bonnet/collar/nut by tapping, wd40, not having heat, and my dremel cord 1 ft short and no extension cord, and not wanting to twist the supply tubes, I decide to use a hacksaw. Huge mistake. Lost focus, cut right through threads. Anyone think i can get away with a new nut? If not, looks like might be time swap out this old girl. Any other solutions?

is that brass nut part of the collar? Or is it supposed come off first? Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• B47DEF0E-EBB6-4C8F-B21B-80BFAF237F14.jpeg
    B47DEF0E-EBB6-4C8F-B21B-80BFAF237F14.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 5B92EFFA-F0C1-4656-9246-61F6BB7FB931.jpeg
    5B92EFFA-F0C1-4656-9246-61F6BB7FB931.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 115

Jaxkoftrades

Reaction score
Some cut the ring to remove. Do you have new parts including the bonnet with you? If it ssd's till threads on I think you will be okay.

thx Terry - but was does ssd mean? I don’t have the bonnet yet. Do you know best place to pick up? If you were able to see the picture, you think that will hold?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks