Search results

1. Andrew21

Help with leak behind tiled wall

Hi All, I have a huge leak. I need your help here and I'm stuck not knowing what to do. The shower has a single handle shower with a tub diverter. The shower valve and pipes are behind a tiled wall. The outside wall is the siding, sheathing, etc. I have limited access underneath the tub...
  2. Andrew21

Promenade CST424SFG alternative?

Hey All, I've been searching for another toilet for my 1st floor and ever since I picked up a Promenade CST424SFG, I wanted to pick up another one. It seems that its no longer available anymore in my area (New York). Is there another model similar to this one? I like the height and the...
  3. Andrew21

How to take off cap and replace kitchen diverter - Moen

Hi all, The sprayer on this kitchen faucet is not working. Its separate from the faucet stem itself. When I pull the sprayer out and hit the button, nothing comes out. Could this be the diverter? I picked up the diverter (a little brass piece) but I'm not sure how to open up this faucet...
  4. Andrew21

Slow but steady flush, not the full rush

Hey all, Have an issue with my toilet. Its a Toto C42SFG It flushes but doesn't go down as fast as it used to. I bought a toilet auger and pushed that thing as far as it goes while cranking the handle and it seems to be clear. And I noticed the water level in the bowl is a bit higher than...
  5. Andrew21

1/4 turn left or 3/4 turn right? Gas shut off valve

Hey All, Just installed a gas shut off valve but after the stove came in, I realized the valve needs to be turned so the stove can completely be pushed in. I put on the teflon sealant when I screwed it on. I need it to point at 9 o'clock, but its at 12 o'clock now. Do I turn it back just...
  6. Andrew21

2" copper dwv in kitchen

Hey all, I have a 2" DWV in my kitchen and wanted to get this setup for my new sink, and cabinets that are coming in. I know the usually fittings for a kitchen sink drain is 1-1/2". So to get this to connect to the 2" copper DWV, do I: 1. Get a 2 in. x 1-1/2 in. Copper DWV CxX coupling and...
  7. Andrew21

old Radiator element, copper or steel?

Hey guys, My old radiator (or the element if thats the word) is old and corroded. Leaks are coming from both nuts and time for a change. Here's the pic: So I was able to get a replacement unit but there are 2 choices. One is copper, and the other is steel. Which one should I...
  8. Andrew21

Delta tub and shower facet installed..little drip

Hey all, I just installed the Delta tub and shower kit for my bathroom. It was pretty simple except for the tub spout. Took me a while but figured it out. Now here's the problem. When I turn off the water, there's still a drip of water that comes out of the spout. I would say a drip every...
  9. Andrew21

Help! DWV is outside of sheetrock. What to do?

Hey all, Need your advice. Pulled out the old kitchen cabinets and there it was. The DWV pipe is outside the sheetrock!! WTF? The height of the new cabinets are 34 inches and the pipe is 34 inches. What needs to be done? I thought the pipe was supposed to be inside the wall? The...
  10. Andrew21

Insulation ok?

Hey all, I have a question. Is the insulation here ok? ( I did fill in the little void on the left hand side by the window..made sure of it!) This wall is against the outside wall and I just wanted to make sure that the insulation is ok before I screw it in and seal it up with Redgard...
  11. Andrew21

New water heater, dripping water in tank?

Hey all, My dad and I installed a new 30 gal hot water tank, gas. Everything went well except for one thing. When taking a shower or using the hot water, you can hear the water heater fire up. Then if you listen to it closely, it sounds like water is dripping inside the tank onto the...
  12. Andrew21

Two simple questions about threaded nipples

Hey all, Quick questions here. 1. I'm installing a shower body valve with the plaster guard. If I set the plaster guard correctly where the CBU and the tile are flush with the plaster guard, this means when I'm installing the rest of the trim pieces later, I won't have a problem correct...
  13. Andrew21

Delta Multichoice universal valve with stops

Hey all, Just purchased this and will mount this soon in the shower area. I was looking at where the hot and cold water enter into this valve. Inside, where the stops are, seems that not much water would go through. I do know water will flow through this but if I had the one without the...
  14. Andrew21

Help on deciding on a Toto

Hey all, Well its time to choose a toilet and it will be my first Toto. I want to see what the hype is about. Here's what I'm looking for: 1. I had the dreaded American Standard champion toilet but I liked how it flushed. I'm looking for the BIG flush. Probably Double Cyclone...
  15. Andrew21

Ledger board for a Cast iron tub?

Hey all, I've been reading all the threads and it seems to be a mixed opinion here. When I get my cast iron tub, do I need to install a ledger board? assuming the floor is level? Thanks!
  16. Andrew21

Universal rough in valve?

Hey all, I was looking into this Delta shower fixture: http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/T17T455.html and one site it said that I needed a universal rough in valve. Now I have a question. Do I need this to complete the plumbing rough in? I had a co-op and had a plumber put one in...
  17. Andrew21

Another Broken toilet flange thread!

Hey all, I know this is way beyond my DIY skills but I wanted to hear from the pros what the plumber will have to do to fix this. I'm in NY/Long Island and had to demo the bathroom. Upon pulling up the toilet, the flange around the pipe broke off. You can actually spin the flange. Anyway, I...
  18. Andrew21

Old metal box for light switch. Replace or is it OK?

Hey all, Tore out my walls to redo my bathroom and saw the electrical that I've never seen before. Its not something I'm familiar with. Should I take it out and replace it? thanks
  19. Andrew21

Replace entire assembly or its ok?

Hey all, Noobie here, redoing the bathroom, tore out the walls and have a several questions: 1. Can I just cut off or heat up and remove the valves to cap them? Then when I'm done, put new valves on them? Or should I just cut everything out? 2. The 'green' corrosion, is that ok...
  20. Andrew21

Dishwasher lines

Hi All, In planning for my new kitchen, my friend who is an architect informed me that he cannot put a dishwasher near the sink because of the range. The kitchen is 'L' shaped and on the other side he said he can put one there. Scratching my head, where he wants to put the dishwasher, how...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks