Slow but steady flush, not the full rush

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew21

Reaction score
Hey all,

Have an issue with my toilet. Its a Toto C42SFG It flushes but doesn't go down as fast as it used to.

I bought a toilet auger and pushed that thing as far as it goes while cranking the handle and it seems to be clear. And I noticed the water level in the bowl is a bit higher than before.

I can pour a 5 gallon bucket of water in the toilet and it goes down pretty fast but when it flushes its sorta slow.

I'll get a video of it but do you think it is? I tried a plunger and still nothing.

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Try the 5-gallon bucket from as high as you can and as fast as you can readily.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Toto C42SFG?

Maybe the bowl rim holes are clogged by minerals. In which case you will need to turn off the water, flush, open/pull up the flush flapper, insert a long nosed funnel, then pour in a de-mineralizer, like Lime-Away, CRL, ZAP, etc. The ZAP cannot be let sit overnight, though, since it is fast acting. Remove the funnel, turn on the water, flush. Repeat as necessary. A scour pad run under the rim will also help to break up any mineralization.

You use a funnel to ensure that no chemical gets on the flapper, possibly deforming.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The trapway is a bit over 2" in diameter, a typical toilet auger is maybe an inch. IOW, it is possible that the auger could go by something caught in there. A pencil, crayon, small toy, and many other things can produce that symptom. It's also possible that there is a slow drain - partial blockage. Does the speed change when you've used a bunch of toilet paper verses just water? THat implies something is caught in there.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Reach4,

Sorry, I meant ZEP. It's a Home depot de-mineralizer. http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-1-ga...t-Remover-ZUCAL128/100670176?N=5yc1vZbqqvZ1n9

Zep Commercial Calcium, Lime & Rust Stain Remover is a concentrated acid formula that instantly removes calcium deposits, lime scale and rust stain. This concentrated formula can be used on stucco, cement, porcelain, glass and fiberglass to remove stains and discoloration. Zep Commercial Calcium, Lime & Rust Stain Remover can be used to clean tubs, sinks, toilets, and brick removing even the toughest stains. This cleaner is not for use on wood, fabric, natural stone, aluminum, brass, chrome or painted surfaces.

• Mix with warm water to dilute
  • Apply with brush, sponge, or cloth
  • Test surface before use
  • Rinse after 5-10 minutes

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks