Search results

1. Bassadict69

Centrifugal pump not coming on...

I am running a centrifugal pump to pump water from a lake to irrigate my yard. When kicking the pump on manually using the irrigation timer, the pump start relay clicks and I do have power to the wiring at the pump according to my test light...anything else to check with the pump? Or does it...
  2. Bassadict69

Do I need a pressure tank?

We just resurrected an old well on my property with the sole intent of using it for irrigation of my yard. They installed a 1/2 hp submersible pump and a pressure tank with a 30/50 pressure switch. I don't know the tank size but its 3-4ft tall. If I install an irrigation timer, do I need the...
  3. Bassadict69

Timer for irrigation pump?

I have a 2hp centrifugal pump sitting on my dock that pulls water from about 50ft out in the lake and pumps it out through about 30ft of 1 1/2 pvc to a hose spigot from which I run 3 heads off of water hoses. (one of these years I will actually put in the rest of the irrigation system). I simply...
  4. Bassadict69

What size lines should I run?

I am wanting to run hot and cold water lines from my house to my dock to feed a water hose and my fish cleaning table...what size lines should I run? It will be about a 100ft run...
  5. Bassadict69

Mosquito control through irrigation system?

I have a large yard that will have 6 zones. We live on the lake and have a HUGE mosquito problem. I spray my yard every couple weeks with a permethrin mixture and it keeps them controlled. I have been looking at the mosquito injection systems online but am wondering if my yard is too large for...
  6. Bassadict69

Detecting underground water line?

Over the years growing up in this house, I know of two different wells, neither of which are being used because of a community water system coming in and Dad switched over to it so there is no telling where the supply line comes in. Now, I am needing to determine where the main supply coming...
  7. Bassadict69

PVC joints coming apart on intake piping!

I have 2" pvc ran approximately 30' out into the lake for the intake on my pump. Several times I have had joints come apart somehow. Regardless of what I have tried or what glue I have tried, I continue to have problems. Any ideas or suggestions?
  8. Bassadict69

Possible to run off a pressure tank and a timer for two seperate functions?

I have an irrigation pump with the intake pulling water from the lake. The output of water is tee'd coming off the pump with an 1 1/2 line running up to my yard for a sprinkler (unfinished irrigation system) on one side and a 1/2 inch line coming off the other side of the tee going to a sink and...
  9. Bassadict69

Intake piping on bottom of lake

I am ready to permanently run the intake plumbing to an irrigation pump on our dock. How should I run this and how should I hold it down on bottom. I am thinking that I will come off the pump intake, down into the lake and down to the bottom then run the piping through several cinder blocks...
  10. Bassadict69

Remodeling...subbing help?

We are getting ready to start about a $50,000 remodel and update of our house and would like some suggestions. For instance, on the remodel of our master bath, should I hire one subcontractor to handle the whole thing? Or would I be better off hiring a plumber for the tub, fixtures, etc. then...
  11. Bassadict69

A little setup help!

Right now, the lake I live on is about 4 ft low so I would like to go ahead and set up a lake strainer and whatever else I need and plumb it up to my pier where the pump will be sitting. I do know I plan to use a 2 hp pump such as a Wayne WLS200... Anyone have a diagram of how to set this up...
  12. Bassadict69

Remove a brick? Or drill holes through the brick?

I am needing to run 2 water lines through my brick wall...should I drill through the brick? Or simply remove a brick and then seal it back up with foam or some other sealant? Whichever I should do, what is the best way to do it?
  13. Bassadict69

Remove a brick? Or drill holes through the brick?

I am needing to run 2 water lines through my brick wall...should I drill through the brick? Or simply remove a brick and then seal it back up with foam or some other sealant? Whichever I should do, what is the best way to do it?
  14. Bassadict69

How do I tap into copper water lines?

I am having a trench dug this week so I can run water to my shed from the house. Looking at things, it appears that the easiest thing to do will be to tap into the hot and the cold water lines on top of my hot water heater. Both those lines are copper? Is it possible to tap into those? What do I...
  15. Bassadict69

Why is there a slab under my shower?

We are discussing remodeling our bath & putting in a whirlpool tub and seperate shower...I know this will get fairly expensive since all the plumbing is under the slab, but what I am trying to figure out, is why my shower is on a slab that is raised above the rest of the floor. Also, the drain...
  16. Bassadict69

Suppose this old well is resurrectable?

I recently moved back into my childhood home that once was on well water. Sometime in the last 10-12 maybe even 15 years, my dad switched over to a community water system. Looking at things, it looks like the water line comes off the meter, comes above ground & ties into the original water line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks