Timer for irrigation pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bassadict69

Reaction score
I have a 2hp centrifugal pump sitting on my dock that pulls water from about 50ft out in the lake and pumps it out through about 30ft of 1 1/2 pvc to a hose spigot from which I run 3 heads off of water hoses. (one of these years I will actually put in the rest of the irrigation system). I simply move the heads around as I water. There are no valves.

The pump is wired off a set of breakers in the breaker box on the dock. To turn the pump off and on, I have to walk down to the dock and flip the breakers. I am wanting to put it on a timer so it comes off and turns on automatically. An option to control the timer from my cell phone via wi-fi would be awesome too.

Can a timer be hooked up? What is needed? How big a job is it?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A Tork timer like is used on pool pumps will work if you water everyday (24 hour clock). A sprinkler clock with a pump start relay will have a 7 day clock, and you maybe able to find one that you can control via Internet, but they are not that reliable.

Bassadict69

Reaction score
A Tork timer like is used on pool pumps will work if you water everyday (24 hour clock). A sprinkler clock with a pump start relay will have a 7 day clock, and you maybe able to find one that you can control via Internet, but they are not that reliable.

I never thought about a pool pump timer...Thank you! I will look into that!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks