Possible to run off a pressure tank and a timer for two seperate functions?

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by bassadict69, Apr 12, 2014.

1. bassadict69

bassadict69 Member

I have an irrigation pump with the intake pulling water from the lake. The output of water is tee'd coming off the pump with an 1 1/2 line running up to my yard for a sprinkler (unfinished irrigation system) on one side and a 1/2 inch line coming off the other side of the tee going to a sink and fish cleaning table. Right now, it is all ran by simply flipping the breaker to turn off and on.

I would love to put a small pressure tank on the small line to use for water to the sink but hope to add some sort of irrigation timer to the irrigation side. Can both of these be done?
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Just use a pressure tank and about a 30/50 pressure switch to control the pump. Then you can add a sprinkler control timer to run one or more electric valves for the irrigation. Just make sure your irrigation zones are large enough to keep the pump running and not let it cycle on and off while using water.
  3. bassadict69

bassadict69 Member

So come off the main pump discharge to the tank, then tee off downstream from the pump, one to the sink and one to the irrigation line?
  4. bassadict69

bassadict69 Member

Can I get away with a small tank without the pump cycling like crazy?