Search results

1. Mntentman

Trouble removing excess silicone from sink

Hi, I installed a new pop up assembly (Peerless) in this sink, and made a bit of a mess of it, I guess by not getting the excess silicone all cleaned off quickly enough. Still, I figured I would be able to get it removed, got to be a fairly common problem, I would think. But this stuff just...
  2. Mntentman

Best way to attach these pieces for shower drain?

Hi, I have just retiled a shower and now need to reattach the drain plumbing. In the photos, you can see the hole for the drain and the pieces I need to put in below the floor. It's a tight fit, and since the PVC goes through a joist there is not much room to wiggle it... long story short...
  3. Mntentman

How to change shredder blade on leaf blower?

Hi, I have a Stihl leaf blower, and have just purchased a new shredder blade, as the old one will no longer chop up the leaves. But now I am having difficulty figuring out how to remove the old one. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks.
  4. Mntentman

Water coming from under bell... cause?

I just turned on the sprinkler system for the year (I'm in Minnesota) and have a problem I have not encountered in the seven or eight years we have had this system. With the water line open, water is coming out at a pretty rapid rate from under the "bell" (not sure if my terminology is...
  5. Mntentman

Flooring strip along shower

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I will give it a shot... I am in the midst of redoing a shower, and have removed the 48x32 shower pan and am replacing it with a 48x34 pan. Fits fine but I will need to remove some of the linoleum flooring so the pan will sit level. There is currently a...
  6. Mntentman

How to separate PVC pipes

I sawed off a portion of the PVC in the photo so I could remove a shower basin wth built-in drain. Could someone be kind enough to advise on the next steps? I am wondering if there is a way to remove the top portion of the pipe at the connector point, which would then, I am supposing, allow me...
  7. Mntentman

Not doing it myself... cost of water to refrig

I don't like messing with much plumbing other than working under the sink, so I need a pro for this. I need to run water to a new refrigerator, have never had one with water. The kitchen sink is not on the same wall. I know there are a lot of factors involved, but any way someone could give...
  8. Mntentman

Another shower valve problem...

I have some dripping from a tub spout. From what I am learning, it looks like I need to replace the shower valve. This is a Moen setup, about 20 years old. If I am correct, I need the replacement part 1200, which comes with a removal tool, and that this should not be too difficult to replace...
  9. Mntentman

Staircase remodel

Hi, sorry I don't know all the terminology here but will do the best I can. The handrails and spindles on my staircase have gotten pretty trashed over the years, and a couple of spindles have recently been broken. I would like to replace most of the components, if it is possible for a DIYer...
  10. Mntentman

Solution for caulking between tile and tub

I just retiled a tub surround sound with fairly dark tiles and grout. The tub is white. The caulk that matches the grout is a color called "chocolate truffle." It looks good everywhere except where it goes along the tub. I have done plenty of caulking and know how to do it pretty well, but the...
  11. Mntentman

Need advice on installing tub faucets

Hi, We are putting new tile on our tub surround. We have the cement board installed and will soon do the tiling. I need to replace the bath hardware, which I thought would be relatively straightforward, and maybe it is. But a lot of the hardware I'm looking at is more than the basic stuff...
  12. Mntentman

Different depths of drywall

Hi, all, We're doing a retiling job on a tub surround. I have demoed the old tile and the drywall behind it. I have half-inch hardibacker to replace the old stuff, but it looks maybe an eighth of an inch less deep than the old stuff. I am wondering if that will be a problem where the...
  13. Mntentman

Wiring issue with motion detector

I have a switch in the garage that controls the overhead light. The switch is a single pole and has three wires connected to it -- two wires that run to the top and one to the bottom. I want to change it out and put in a motion sensing switch. I did this and found that the wiring obviously...
  14. Mntentman

Garage floor repair question

I have a concrete garage floor that is spalling. I ran aross a reference to Rustoleum Concrete Resurfacer and it sounds the easiest of a number of alternatives. Anyone ever use it, and if so, was it effective? Thanks.
  15. Mntentman

Outdoor faucet problem

It seems to me that putting a garden hose on a faucet should be easy and foolproof... not much to not work correctly, right? So, I can't figure out exactly why mine doesn't work. A few years ago I had a sprinkler system installed, and this faucet seems soldered on via copper pipe. It least...
  16. Mntentman

Any idea what my A/C problem is?

We have been gone from home for a week and when we arrived back this evening, it was about 83 degrees inside... so the a/c was obviously not running properly. (I am in Minneapolis, BTW.) I checked around the furnace and there was some water on the floor underneath -- that has happened before...
  17. Mntentman

Waterproof under sink?

This isn't really a plumbing question, I guess, but didn't know where to post. Anyway, I have just repaired a leaking drain in the kitchen sink, and the composite wood floor in the cabinet under the sink soaked up a fair amount of water. I was wondering is there is something I can use to...
  18. Mntentman

Splice sprinkler cable?

I cut open the sprinkler connection cable that was "supposed" to be buired near my garage door... cut it with a trimmer. Now two of the zones don't come on. So I assume I need to splice the cable... it is 7-strans sprinkler connection cable. Do I just splice the same way you splice any cable...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks