Flooring strip along shower

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mntentman, Feb 1, 2010.

1. mntentman

mntentman New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but I will give it a shot... I am in the midst of redoing a shower, and have removed the 48x32 shower pan and am replacing it with a 48x34 pan. Fits fine but I will need to remove some of the linoleum flooring so the pan will sit level. There is currently a strip along the edge of the flooring that I will need to replace (see photo). Can anyone tell me what that strip is called? I can't seem to find reference to it. Looked at a big box store when I was there this morning for another reason, but didn't see anything. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Sep 1, 2004
    Yakima WA
    Your pic is a bit hard to see clearly, but I think all you have is caulking.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mntentman

mntentman New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Sorry the pic is not good. It is definitely not chaulk. It is a "U" jointed plastic piece that goes around the flooring. Maybe you can see a little better in this pic. But... maybe when I cut, I can just use caulk where it butts up against the shower base? Or is there another solution.

Attached Files:

5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    You might search on 'cove molding'. That normally is a concave moulding, not a convex one, but it might bring up some hits for you.