Flooring strip along shower

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mntentman, Feb 1, 2010.

1. mntentman

mntentman New Member

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I will give it a shot... I am in the midst of redoing a shower, and have removed the 48x32 shower pan and am replacing it with a 48x34 pan. Fits fine but I will need to remove some of the linoleum flooring so the pan will sit level. There is currently a strip along the edge of the flooring that I will need to replace (see photo). Can anyone tell me what that strip is called? I can't seem to find reference to it. Looked at a big box store when I was there this morning for another reason, but didn't see anything. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Your pic is a bit hard to see clearly, but I think all you have is caulking.
  3. mntentman

mntentman New Member

Sorry the pic is not good. It is definitely not chaulk. It is a "U" jointed plastic piece that goes around the flooring. Maybe you can see a little better in this pic. But... maybe when I cut, I can just use caulk where it butts up against the shower base? Or is there another solution.

Attached Files:

4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You might search on 'cove molding'. That normally is a concave moulding, not a convex one, but it might bring up some hits for you.