Garage floor repair question

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by mntentman, Aug 30, 2008.

1. mntentman

mntentman New Member

I have a concrete garage floor that is spalling. I ran aross a reference to Rustoleum Concrete Resurfacer and it sounds the easiest of a number of alternatives. Anyone ever use it, and if so, was it effective? Thanks.
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I have used similar products. Your success really depends on the concrete you have and its ability to successfully bond with and hold the epoxy. If your concrete is rotten the epoxy will delaminate.
  3. mntentman

mntentman New Member

The concrete is sound, although there is some spalling and a few hairline cracks. I have used the Rustoleum Concrete Patch and Repair on those spots and it seems to be working very well. I am using a degreaser on the floor (amazing how much stuff that brings up), and will followup with the resurfacer over the entire floor.

Now, a new question. After that, would I be advised to use a sealer or some other layer to keep it looking good?

Thanks.