Sewage Pump Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

breadguy86

Reaction score
Hello all and thanks for all the tips. I now have a specific problem with my sewage pump and searched the forum to no avail.

I have a BurCam model 400500 CAST IRON SUBMERSIBLE SEWAGE PUMP. 2" DISCHARGE AND 2"

HANDLING CAPABILITIES. INDEPENDANT MECHANICAL FLOAT SWITCH.

VORTEX DESIGN IMPELLER, MADE FROM GLASS FILLED NORYL.

1/2 HP MOTOR, 115V. It came with the condo when we bought it newly remodeled last year. One guest bathroom and a washer drains into the basin. I knew nothing of sewage pumps until recently.

My problem is that the basin fills up sometimes (key word) and the motor kicks in but does not eject any of the waste. I have removed the basin cover and witnessed the waste water circling around like it is being pumped or waste is grinding just no water movement up and out of the basin. I few weeks ago I just unplugged the unit and let it sit and plugged it back in and it worked.

Any ideas on the problem? Would you like more information on usage or anything else. I know I can fix this I just really need help knowing which direction to go.

Thanks!

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Could be something caught in the pump, a faulty check valve, or the pipe became detached from the pump. Since you said somtimes, I would vote for the faulty checkvalve. The flapper breaks off its hinge and sometimes it will move straight up and act as a stopper.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Oh almost forgot this one job I had it did the same thing and the check valve was fine, it turned out to be a piece of wood from the molding, every so often it got sucked up and acted like a stopper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks