zero out

Users who are viewing this thread

Jamey

Reaction score
I just had a plumber recharge my pressure tank, put on a new control switch and replace the galvanized pipes. My well puts out 7 gpm. He said there was a possibility of it zeroing out. I think it has, but I don't understand this and don't know if there is anything I can do right now to get water other than taking it straight from the well. I suppose the other possibility is that my pump quit. Any suggestions?

Jamey

Jamey

Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to figure out. The well is good. There is water coming out from a spigot that does not go through the pump. I was hoping someone here would know what "zero out" meant. I suppose I will have to wait until tomorrow and call him back. I guess I'm just thankful it happened on Sunday night rather than Friday night!

I forgot to mention, the pressure gage reads "0" so I suppose this is what he meant, but why?

Wondering

Reaction score
What is your pressure switch settings and how much air did he put in the tank? Have you tried to tap the switch and get it to come on or has it already clicked on but the pump won't run?

R

Rancher

Another plumber doing well work, although as a DIY I don't understand the problem with this.

I just had a plumber recharge my pressure tank, put on a new control switch and replace the galvanized pipes.
OK why did the plumber recharge the pressure tank and why did you have the galvanized pipes replaced?

He said there was a possibility of it zeroing out. I think it has,
You think it has zeroed out, if so what does that mean?

but I don't understand this and don't know if there is anything I can do right now to get water other than taking it straight from the well.
Huh... the water was coming from somewhere else then straight from the well? Or are you saying that if you bypass the pressure tank you problmes may be over?

I suppose the other possibility is that my pump quit.
Got water, then your pump didn't quit.

Tell us the rest of the story.

Rancher

Jamey

Reaction score
I guess I really don't know enough to ask the right question. Should I call a well and septic guy rather than a plumber?

The pressure tank was down to 18 and he raised it to (I think) 38.

I took the cover off the control switch and it is in the on position but the pump is not turning on.

The spigot that I got the water from is coming off the line directly from the well (before the pump).

But like I said, I really don't know the correct terminology to ask an appropriate question. We will survive until tomorrow.

Thanks trying to help me out.

Jamey

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks