Wiring to be done at my house

Users who are viewing this thread

brucecobbins

Reaction score
Hai all,
I am doing the renovation at my house in Toronto and would like to have the electrical wiring redo to be done again as the wiring currently done is pretty old and would like the redo to be done so as to reduce the risk of future accidents and damages. I had gone through services of certain professionals but still not getting to stick to the apt one. Most of my colleagues and relatives do recommend me 'Shock Doctors' in Canada. Would like to know any other suggestions other than this so that I can decide whether to fix with this professional. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Since you are in Montreal Canada, a lot of the insurance-certified electrical contractors will be similiar between Montreal and Toronto.

Your first step is to contact your insurace company, they may have some lax or very strict requirements. For example, in Montreal, you can either DIY, or get it done by a licensed RBQ contractor. You CAN ask a friend or someone on "kijiji" classified to do your work for you, but the work must be inspected in writing by a licensed RBQ contractor (DIY does not, that's the funny law).

Your insurance comapny may also have a list of recommended contractors that they often use for insurance claims from fire and flood restoration.

If your discover your options are rather open, contact a Toronto local Rona, Reno-Depot, or Home Depot, and use one of their licensed contractors. Being in Toronto, you can add Lowes to that list, as those are not in Montreal.

"Pretty old" wiring can still be safe and up to code, and a licensed contractor (NOT a house inspector) can confirm that assurance and save you a ton of money on unnecessary work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks