wiring pressure switch for 120 volt pump

Users who are viewing this thread

jnrwood

Reaction score
Hello out there- I've wired a new pressure switch for a 120 volt submersible pump, and i want to be sure
i've got it right before turning it on. normally i make a diagram or take a picture when replacing a switch, but
there is no old switch here to go by, and i'm used to 220 volt pumps anyway.
There is a basic diagram on inside cover of switch but doesnt clarify any difference between 110+220 wiring.
(also searched archives, but i'm still confused). The switch has the terminals marked on the back ,from right to left,
listed as line-load-line-load(1,2,3, +4). The diagram on the cover shows a universal "ground" symbol for both "outside"
terminals. So i put my neutral wires there, making sure i've got the line, or load part right. then the hot wires end up
in the center. sorry, no pics at this point. Or should the neutral wires just be twisted togethor, and if so, where do the
2 black ones go- i'm guessing in the center, but i hate to guess with stuff like this, especially since its not my house.
thanks in advance- jon

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The two whites would wirenut together. The black from the breaker goes to one line, the black from the pump to the load next to it. The second line/load pair are unused.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks