Which is better? A factory insulated tank for the Drake?

Users who are viewing this thread

bradah

Reaction score
I have condensation problems on my current Toto Drake. I'm looking at getting a second for upstairs.

Is it better to buy the insulated tank straight from Toto? Or can I insulate it myself. Lowes or Home Depot do not seems to have any "kits" to buy. Can I buy a certain type of insulation and glue it to the inside of the tank?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
First make sure the flapper is sealing by putting dye in the tank.

I haven't tried insulating a tank, Toto does make an insulated tank for the Drake though

ST743SD

bradah

Reaction score
not impressed

I just picked up the insulated version of the Toto Drake and am NOT very impressed with how the insulation was adhered to the tank or the insulation itself.

It is basically glued down on the edges and is "loose" in the middle. I think I could do a better job and save the extra $30.

The 25 year old toilet I have now has a "spray-on" type insulation. This is what I was expecting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks