Adhesive for toilet tank insulation

Users who are viewing this thread

gbsk

Reaction score
I have a toilet tank that keeps getting condensation. The plumber installed a mixing valve so it can have warm water. The problem is that we have an on demand water heater so it still fills up with cold water. The plumber suggested insulating the tank. I did do one tank with Liquid Nails but I contacted Liquid Nails and they suggested not using it. What do you recommend for the adhesive? Some sort of roofing tar?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. I presume you are putting XPS or EPS panels inside of the tank. How about some kind of struts across the tank to press the insulation toward the walls of the tank? If you are insulating the floor of the tank, that would be harder.

Toto offers insulated toilet tanks for Drakes. Here is an example.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks