what size pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob from Plains

Reaction score
At the present time I have a 3/4 hp submersable (fairbanks morse) pump, the well is 40 feet deep, age is approx. 24 years old. I would like to upgrade the system (pump and pressure tank) before I have a failure due to age. The old pump records state it tested out at 40 gpm at time of installation. Two years ago I installed an underground sprinkler system, the pump will run three sprinkler heads putting out around 12 gpm at 28 psi continously. With the new upgrade I would like to get up to 20 to 25 gpm with a higher pressure, possibly 50 psi continously. The local pump man says not to go for the higher gpms as the well could possibly not handle it. I would entertain any advise on this situation.
Thanks
Bob:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedbump

Reaction score
I think you meant your well tested at 40 gpm not your 3/4hp pump.

I would listen to your Well Man. He would be the best one to give out that kind of info.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks