What kind of "push and seal" bathroom sink drain do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Studly, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Studly

Studly Member

I want to replace my traditional rod and lever bathroom sink drains with the kind you push to close and push to open. What brand do you plumbers recommend?

Online there are some highly rated, inexpensive ones from KES (although the washers are bad on those, they say) and Pfister. But not sure how long they'll last.

Are these type of push drains more durable and trouble free than the traditional rod and lever drains? With less moving parts, it seems if you have a well built push drain, it would be a step above the traditional ones.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I see that those are both very well priced. For that much what do you have to lose? I've used Mountain and Kohler before. There isn't that much to the lav drains.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Studly

Studly Member

Thanks for the reply, Terry. Yeah, I ended up ordering the KES drain because it appears to be all metal and reviewers say how well built it is. The Pfister one is plastic. Sounds like the KES drain has crappy gaskets, which is the main knock on them, but I plan to use putty on top and pipe dope on the threads below, so hopefully the gaskets won't be an issue.

Hope it's more durable and trouble free than the old fashioned lever drains!