What kind of "push and seal" bathroom sink drain do you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Studly

Reaction score
I want to replace my traditional rod and lever bathroom sink drains with the kind you push to close and push to open. What brand do you plumbers recommend?

Online there are some highly rated, inexpensive ones from KES (although the washers are bad on those, they say) and Pfister. But not sure how long they'll last.

Are these type of push drains more durable and trouble free than the traditional rod and lever drains? With less moving parts, it seems if you have a well built push drain, it would be a step above the traditional ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I see that those are both very well priced. For that much what do you have to lose? I've used Mountain and Kohler before. There isn't that much to the lav drains.

Studly

Reaction score
I see that those are both very well priced. For that much what do you have to lose? I've used Mountain and Kohler before. There isn't that much to the lav drains.

Thanks for the reply, Terry. Yeah, I ended up ordering the KES drain because it appears to be all metal and reviewers say how well built it is. The Pfister one is plastic. Sounds like the KES drain has crappy gaskets, which is the main knock on them, but I plan to use putty on top and pipe dope on the threads below, so hopefully the gaskets won't be an issue.

Hope it's more durable and trouble free than the old fashioned lever drains!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks