What do you guys think about Supply Boxes?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by sonnaps, Oct 13, 2017.

1. sonnaps

sonnaps New Member

What do you guys think about Supply Boxes for a sink or toilet instead of stub outs? I'm using 1/2" PEX and saw these:

http://www.siouxchief.com/products/supply/access/other-supply-boxes/oxbox-lavatory-outlet-box

I'm already using one like this for my washer:

http://www.siouxchief.com/products/...et-box-with-minirester-water-hammer-arresters

The only concern I have is that if the connection fails where the PEX meets the valve, I would have to bust out some sheetrock to get to it to replace the valve. Those valves have nuts screwed in from the bottom that holds them in the box. You have to get under the box for a repair.

It's kind of the same reason why I am shying away from the PEX to copper stub outs. The connection is behind the wall and you really can't see if it leaks.

Anyone used these before?

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    If you pick up the ones with the PEX connectors, make sure it's for the PEX you have. I bought some before and the sizing wasn't right.
    There are plenty of PEX connections in a home, one more connection isn't going to break me. They should be good for a long time. I use the OX Box with the hammer arrestors often for washers. Normally for lavs and sinks I just stub out and put stops on them.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

I'd just stub out for a sink. If your worried. Leave the stub outs longer

5. sonnaps

sonnaps New Member

Yeah, I think I will just stub out with PEX... I was just curious on other people's input. Thanks!!