What do you guys think about Supply Boxes?

Users who are viewing this thread

sonnaps

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Supply Boxes for a sink or toilet instead of stub outs? I'm using 1/2" PEX and saw these:

http://www.siouxchief.com/products/supply/access/other-supply-boxes/oxbox-lavatory-outlet-box

I'm already using one like this for my washer:

http://www.siouxchief.com/products/...et-box-with-minirester-water-hammer-arresters

The only concern I have is that if the connection fails where the PEX meets the valve, I would have to bust out some sheetrock to get to it to replace the valve. Those valves have nuts screwed in from the bottom that holds them in the box. You have to get under the box for a repair.

It's kind of the same reason why I am shying away from the PEX to copper stub outs. The connection is behind the wall and you really can't see if it leaks.

Anyone used these before?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you pick up the ones with the PEX connectors, make sure it's for the PEX you have. I bought some before and the sizing wasn't right.
There are plenty of PEX connections in a home, one more connection isn't going to break me. They should be good for a long time. I use the OX Box with the hammer arrestors often for washers. Normally for lavs and sinks I just stub out and put stops on them.

sonnaps

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I will just stub out with PEX... I was just curious on other people's input. Thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks