What are the parts needed to add an elbow and a stand pipe under this sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin Tao

Reaction score
I need to add a 1-1/2" stand pipe under the sink, is this doable? and what are the part names that I would need to modify this?

tailpiece-extension-01.jpg

Kevin Tao

Reaction score
A standpipe? What would it be for? Perhaps a dishwasher?
I'm running a water softener drain hose here as that's my only option, which that requires an air gap.. so I'm thinking to add the stand pipe here. Is this doable?

Basically, my water softener has no where to drain, the closest place is this sink, and the only thing I can think of is a stand pipe here.

Reach4

Reaction score
You could use an air gap like they use for dishwashers. So you may be able to fit a "branch tailpiece" in there to take the output of the air gap.

A 10 inch diameter softener usually backwashes at 2.4 gpm, so that could be something to take into account when shopping for air gaps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks