Wet Vent Triple

Users who are viewing this thread

spyderkeeper

Reaction score
Hi, I'm arguing back and forth with someone, and I was wondering if you guys could tell me if this is OK or not. As show in the photo, I have a lav, shower, and a toilet that is being added in to a wet vent. If these are the only things on the wet vent would this be ok or would the toilet and shower need a separate vent pipe connecting above?

Attachments

• 6014851883023525946-account_id=1.jpg
    6014851883023525946-account_id=1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 940

Reach4

Reaction score
Is the pipe above where the lav drains a pure dry vent?

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's a head-scratcher for me. Like to see what the other guys say. Don't know how long the arm is for the shower drain, and I don't like the 180 on the toilet, though it's probably legal.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
You're in Cartersville. I'm over here in Cherokee County where Cherokee, Forsyth, and Fulton Counties come together. Black Bear came through my back yard about two hours ago heading west. Snuffled around for a minute and took off through the woods.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The shower and the toilet can combine with a fixture cross, not a sancross.
It would work more to code if you wet vented the shower with the lav and then went to the toilet downline with a wye.
With a sancross, the toilet will skip across the fitting and into the shower arm.
Some places allow a medium 90 below a cross but not everywhere. I've always used a long turn 90 there.
And newer toilets don't work well on crosses. They tend to push water out of the opposing bowl or trap.

MACODEDOC

Reaction score
Could you not have used an estabrook and stack vented the whole bathroom, I personally would fail it on poor craftsmanship.
1 Estabrook and you were done.
estabrook-fitting.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MACODEDOC

Reaction score
The shower and the toilet can combine with a fixture cross, not a sancross.
It would work more to code if you wet vented the shower with the lav and then went to the toilet downline with a wye.
With a sancross, the toilet will skip across the fitting and into the shower arm.
Some places allow a medium 90 below a cross but not everywhere. I've always used a long turn 90 there.
And newer toilets don't work well on crosses. They tend to push water out of the opposing bowl or trap.
I agree, long pattern fittings, not a wet vent in my jurisdiction.

spyderkeeper

Reaction score
Wouldn't you have the same problem with the estabrook as the double san tee for the toilet?

Plus, I'm not sure that would fit. However, if it works, I'll give that a try.

Last edited:

spyderkeeper

Reaction score
You're in Cartersville. I'm over here in Cherokee County where Cherokee, Forsyth, and Fulton Counties come together. Black Bear came through my back yard about two hours ago heading west. Snuffled around for a minute and took off through the woods.

I've yet to see a bear in Georgia, saw plenty in NC where I'm from though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks