Well water aerator tank not refilling

Users who are viewing this thread

Denita Kolawole

Reaction score
Hi, I have a well system for our home water. About a week ago I had unplugged it to prevent it from refilling so that I could clean it. I had to plug it back in before cleaning because my husband needed water. It worked for a while after I plugged it back it but a day later we noticed that no water was coming in the house. I went out one morning and after fiddling with a few things I realized that the tank started to fill when I turned the solenoid valve a certain way. I left it to fill and went inside. A few minutes later my neighbor was texting me to let me know my water tank was overflowing. I had to manually turn the solenoid valve off. The floats did not stop the water after it got to the fill point. My husband figured it was the float that was not working properly so he purchased a new one from Home Depot and install it. Needless to say it didn't work. Now the softener system does not work and we have to manually go out and turn the solenoid valve thing to refill the aerator tank.
What do you think the problem is? Could it be the solenoid valve that needs replacing?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Take the cover off the junction box below the solenoid valve. If you are getting 24V there, then the float switch is working and you need a new solenoid. If you are not getting 24V there, then the float switch or 24V transformer is bad.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks