Well pump sizing and replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

ivantk88

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a replacement for my Jacuzzi hurricane model T5HUR8-92 1/2HP PUMP.
The well is aroind 300' deep other specifics I really don't know thanks in advance .

Ivan

ivantk88

Reaction score
this is an 8gpm pump the model you listed here is way outa my price range

Reach4

Reaction score
How big is your well casing? In common home pumps, some are 3.75 inch effective diameter, some are 3.9 and some are 2.9....

The Franklin class J (the J is from Jacuzzi) is one of the 3.75 inch pumps. They make 1/2 and 3/4 HP 7 gpm pumps in that size

Your water must be very close to the surface. Did the old pump provide plenty of pressure?

ivantk88

Reaction score
Ithink its a ten inch I can see the water not very far down at all pressure was fine with small pressure tank .

Reach4

Reaction score
Ithink its a ten inch I can see the water not very far down at all pressure was fine with small pressure tank .
You will have a lot of flexibility. How far down would you estimate? You may be able to use a 1/2 HP 10 gpm pump.

index.php

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That pump has a max head of 200'. It will take at least 138' of that to make the 60 PSI for the pressure switch shut off. That means if the water in your well is deeper than 62', that pump does not build enough pressure to work. Big difference in a 12 GPM and a 7 or 8 GPM in a 1/2HP.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks