Well problem

Users who are viewing this thread

michaelheerwald

Reaction score
Honestly that has been one of my concerns in deciding on fixing the well or just hooking inton the rural water line. I talked to a local well man and he said that it didn't sound like that great of a well to begin with.

michaelheerwald

Reaction score
Weird!

Last night I went back out to the lake and hooked back up the control box because a well man is coming out today, and after I hooked it up I threw the power on it pressured up to about 30 so I went in ran a little water and back out to the gauge and it was back to 0 and would not come back on! Any Ideas, I was convinced my pump was bad but now I just don't know. Maybe it just had one last kick in it?

Speedbump

Reaction score
You never tell us if the water stops or the pump itself stops. This is a very important piece of troubleshooting info.

bob...

michaelheerwald

Reaction score
the pump I believe, the well is not running out of water, its an equipment issue. After the little spurt of life yesterday the control box went back to making its ticking noise, tick few seconds then tick again.

Speedbump

Reaction score
This doesn't sound like anything I have encountered before. A thermal overload generally stays off for ten minutes or so once tripped. And you wouldn't hear it click if it's in the motor. If it's in the box which is rare, you probably wouldn't hear it click either. The relay will click loud enough to hear it. I guess you need a pump man to check it out.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks