Well pipe to Jet Pump Issue??

Users who are viewing this thread

Wendell Barry

Reaction score
Installing new jet pump to well pipe from shallow well. The 1-1/4" existing steel well pump pipe end is not threading (grabbing) onto new copper elbow. Seems like there is little distance in steel collar to screw onto to copper elbow or may be worn some but seems in ok condition. Any suggestions?

upload_2020-5-26_10-15-15.png

Bannerman

Reaction score
A union consists of 3 pieces. Two-pieces (union nut and union adaptor) are shown connected to the pipe above the elbow, but that nut does not thread directly to the elbow from the pump, but will thread to the other union piece that threads onto the elbow.

The missing union piece will have external threads for the nut in addition to internal threads to fit the elbow. The missing piece is the one shown on the right in the link below.

https://i.imgur.com/YHLMuL1.jpg

The missing piece is likely still connected to the old pump.

Last edited:

Wendell Barry

Reaction score
A union consists of 3 pieces. Two-pieces (union nut and union adaptor) are shown connected to the pipe above the elbow, but that nut does not thread directly to the elbow from the pump, but will thread to the other union piece that threads onto the elbow.

The missing union piece will have external threads for the nut in addition to internal threads to fit the elbow. The missing piece is the one shown on the right in the link below.

https://i.imgur.com/YHLMuL1.jpg

The missing piece is likely still connected to the old pump.

Ugg...I tossed the old well...Crap. Am I SOL? Can I get union parts at a plumbing store?

Thanks for info and link very helpful!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks