Well not giving water anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Christopher Ward

Reaction score
We had a local pump company come out and take a look, they ended up replacing the tech, a circuit board for controlling the pump. We now have a Littelfuse pumpsaver 235b I think it's called. The problem is the well still isn't giving us any water. We're thinking it might need to be backflushed to clean it up a little. Any good references or directions on the "best" methods for doing this? We have a couple of air compressors available and from what I've read so far vinegar is a good choice to help the cleaning process, but some also recommend chlorine/bleach. The area is more inclined to clay than sandy sediment. The well itself is no more than 170' deep and according to rough records it's probably 140'. Any suggestions?

Reach4

Reaction score
We have a couple of air compressors available
What CFM?

What is the the diameter of the well?
How far down does the casing go?
What material is the casing?

When you say the well is not giving you any water, what do you mean? Is there any indication that the pump works?

from what I've read so far vinegar is a good choice to help the cleaning process, but some also recommend chlorine/bleach.
Those are for sanitizing, but not useful for the kind of cleaning you are looking for.

I don't know if a chemical solution will help, but Nu-Well 100 Pelletized Acid might if the problem is a screen clogged with minerals.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks