Water to detached garage

Users who are viewing this thread

Mar3232

Reaction score
I plan on having the proper pipe buried etc to get to the garage but I wanted to ask about the water supply itself.

I have a 1/2" cold water copper pipe that is in my basement and it's the closest water source inside the house to the garage. The main from the well/pressure tank would be a pain and it's much further away.

Can I tap into this 1/2" pipe put in another pressure tank that would be completely dedicated to my garage feed? This 1/2 " pipe is at the end of a pipe run, so after any faucets, etc. The garage itself would just be for one sink and one toilet.

Would an inspector have an issue with this ? -- thanks much

Mar3232

Reaction score
Yes, I was going to do that -- just wondering if an inspector will frown on tapping to the 1/2". Like I say though I thought putting a small pressure tank at that point would be wise.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Another pressure tank will not help anything. Just tap into the line and run water where you need it. You didn't say how far away the new building is? The further away the larger the pipe needs to be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks