Water still not conditioned

Users who are viewing this thread

Khmchitown

Reaction score
I put a new Fleck 5600 head on my tank, rebedded it with new resin, and added new salt in the brine tank. I ran through all the cycles to confirm water was flowing in and out of both tanks (even put a flashlight behind the resin tank to see the resin moving during backwash). Yet after a number of days and regenerations, the water is still hard. Any advice?

Bannerman

Reaction score
Suggest disconnecting the drain line at the control valve, and temporarily replace with a short section of clean tubing directed into a bucket.

Advance the controller to 'Draw' and taste the water that exits out from the drain line. The water should not taste salty for several minutes whereas if the water tastes salty almost immediately, that will be an indicator of a defective seal where the riser tube is inserted into the bottom of the control valve.

Khmchitown

Reaction score
Suggest disconnecting the drain line at the control valve, and temporarily replace with a short section of clean tubing directed into a bucket.

Advance the controller to 'Draw' and taste the water that exits out from the drain line. The water should not taste salty for several minutes whereas if the water tastes salty almost immediately, that will be an indicator of a defective seal where the riser tube is inserted into the bottom of the control valve.
Bannerman, I assume you meant the Brine draw stage. I did and no Salty taste. Could it still be possible there is poor seal causing the issue? I wanted to confirm before I removed the control head to inspect.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks